HUNTING WOLVES WATH AGOLDEN EAGLE

Saw this on another forum a while ago spectacula falconry to train golden eagles to hunt wolves. Apparently they run the wolves down with the horses to tire them out then they cast the eagles. These men are greatly respected in their own cultures and their secrets of how to capture, train and hunt are handed down through family over generations.

Edited by mushroom
Guest ragumup
Saw this on another forum a while ago spectacula falconry to train golden eagles to hunt wolves. Apparently they run the wolves down with the horses to tire them out then they cast the eagles. These men are greatly respected in their own cultures and their secrets of how to capture, train and hunt are handed down through family over generations.

I think they'd have to be fit horses to tire out a wild wolf ;) nice vid though

Edited by ragumup

OK.......In practically all those instances the "wolves" will have been bred for that spectacle. In one instance on that "film" there is obviously something round the "wolves" neck, its either a sort of muzzle or where it has been kept on a lead. :(

This , to me, is totally unfair and not hunting. Its the baiting of a tame dog. I try to support all hunting, but in this instance i cannot abide to see dogs being treat in such a manner. :angry:

Mostly those running wolves in the snow will have been tipped out of a sack minutes earlier. Just look at the camera angles.

:angry:

OK.......In practically all those instances the "wolves" will have been bred for that spectacle. In one instance on that "film" there is obviously something round the "wolves" neck, its either a sort of muzzle or where it has been kept on a lead. :(

This , to me, is totally unfair and not hunting. Its the baiting of a tame dog. I try to support all hunting, but in this instance i cannot abide to see dogs being treat in such a manner. :angry:

Mostly those running wolves in the snow will have been tipped out of a sack minutes earlier. Just look at the camera angles.

:angry:

Thats a bit pants :( I didn't notice the muzzle/collar I must admit.... going to re watch.

• 3 months later...

Those birds are game as hell, that cant be right though that wolf mastered that 1st eagle when it got on top and started to shake it they must sustain some right damage the eagles, a wolf has one hell of a bite there must be some trick to it though ie running them for a distance on horse or dropping them out of a bag