Why is some rabbit strong flavored

Hi guys. I like to eat as much of the stuff is shoot aas I can. Rabbit is great but I often find a strong flavour coming from it, not a nice taste at all. Do aby of you find this and if so what is it??? Is it something that can be sorted?? Is it something to do with breeding that tents the meat???

Thanks

The garlic ones are nice , my fatherin law cooked some last year for us & i asked how much he put in the recipe & he said none , not a huge fan of rabbit but that was lovely

Hi guys. I like to eat as much of the stuff is shoot aas I can. Rabbit is great but I often find a strong flavour coming from it, not a nice taste at all. Do aby of you find this and if so what is it??? Is it something that can be sorted?? Is it something to do with breeding that tents the meat???

Thanks

do you remove all the genatals and the anal glands at the base of the tale ?

i boil my rabbits first before i do anything else with them cool them down then remove the meat and add it to what ever im trying to do with it never seem to taste horrible to me and i eat a lot of rabbit

I was finding the odd rabbit I was eating was a bit tangy! I thought It was the bucks, So I began avoding them for cooking, But then a man near me showed me there scent glands and how to remove them, It does take away that strong flavour, But I still pick out a 1/2 or 3/4 female, much tastier.

That seems like some good sensible ideas there, I thought it maybe the bucks were the problem but never thought on the age of the does.

I am always careful when cleaning out, like deer. Sometimes the blader has burst, if I gut shoot them :o I dont eat them maybe the hing leg.

Thanks guys

Thanks

do you remove all the genatals and the anal glands at the base of the tale ?

i boil my rabbits first before i do anything else with them cool them down then remove the meat and add it to what ever im trying to do with it never seem to taste horrible to me and i eat a lot of rabbit

sounds like the arse glands to me too