• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that was posted on the 17th mate , its now the 27th , still the do look malnurised . no one is havin a real dig at the guy , just advice , i wouldnt care , i do like look of some of them ;) , maybe its just the way the pics have been taking , and by looks of them , they have just had a bath down .

Edited by coursing_lad

Thanks for all the advice. The pups play all day long so you can imagine the state they end up and they are wet due to just being washed down. It is not the first time these pups have been wormed. They are kept nice and warm. I will take more pics as soon as i get chance so people can see what they look like when they arent wet as i think this makes them look ALOT worse than they are.

ATB martin

It is not just the fact that they are wet: their legs and feet are severely lacking in bone: their toes are like bits of string, they have no substance to them: thin necks, ribs showing, peaky looking: all signs of severe malnourishment and worms. Their caots are stary too: fur sticking out all rough looking, not smooth and shining. Believe me I do know what I'm on about and what I'm looking at as I've rescued a lot of pups similar to them in my time.

A pup can't grow properly if it is full of worms, and unless you use a proper wormer, not an over the counter job, they will still have worms even if you have wormed them as wormers sold in pet shops aren't man enough for the job.

Also if a pup is not getting enough protein and fat it won't grow properly and will look like these even if they don't have worms. And its not just a temporary thing: a heavy worm burden damages the gut lining which then makes it even more difficult for the pup to extract the nutrition from what it eats: the food goes straight through the pup without doing it any good, and the worms take what little nutrition there is instead of the pup getting it.

Sorry to be so blunt but that is the truth: get some Drontal Plus down those pups, feed them properly on a quality puppy food or plenty of red meat and minced whole chicken then take some more pics in a week's time and we'll tell you if we can see a difference. Pups that age need as much food as they can eat, at least 4 times a day: and not just slops either. Protein builds bodies and if the food is low in protein the pups won't thrive no matter how much you feed them.

Just have a look at the other pups for sale on this site and you can see a big difference.

For gods sake skycat you may mean well but jesus you sound like paddy off Emmerdale on Whizz!

The guy is trying his best,he doesnt need shit off you!!! No dig,but the pups look fine,just taken in a bad position!!!!

ATB with the sale!!!!!!! ;)

Good to see the lad getting some good advice, constructive comments all round from lads who im sure have plenty of exprience and know what there talking about when it comes to the rearing of lurcher pups. Agree about the importance for a good quality wormer thats got to be paramount, drontal, panacur something along those lines, plenty of interaction with people, good quality food and warmth and you wont go far wrong. Keep us posted in a couple of weeks with some more pics. We all learn from experience and the lads who are sharing there knowledge in a constructive way can only benefit each other, our sport and thl website, thats what the sport should be about. ATB ;)

For gods sake skycat you may mean well but jesus you sound like paddy off Emmerdale on Whizz!

The guy is trying his best,he doesnt need shit off you!!! No dig,but the pups look fine,just taken in a bad position!!!!

I give up!

Seriously, I've been told things about this litter that means that these pups aren't fine at all: so please stop protecting someone who is refusing to take advice> the internet hides a lot of hidden facts if you didn't know that by now!

have to agree with skycat i would not buy one o ff them pups just skin and bones,should have got them in better condition before trying to sell them on here.i would b ashamed to sell pups like that.

I give up!

Seriously, I've been told things about this litter that means that these pups aren't fine at all: so please stop protecting someone who is refusing to take advice> the internet hides a lot of hidden facts if you didn't know that by now!

for once Im agreeing with skycat! These pups are not looking healthy or good and the twit who said people shouldnt interfere, needs to take a long look at those photos, no one could imagine they were just badly taken snaps, jus t look at the lack of bone, coat condition, overall body condition and that tells you everything is not right with them.

Just had a look at your topics Riohh. You have started seven dogs for sale etc since july!! I mean seven!!

sorry mate, maybe this site isnt for you. People selling that amount of dogs are peddlers.

JD.

You have just taken the words out of my mouth and i agree with skycats comments....................