Somebody please shed some light

Iv had lurchers pritty much since the dawn of my time and never in the whole of my life have i hear of this ridiculous phrase "DOG PEDDLING" Il asume by most peoples posts & topics that this means to breed or buy and sell dogs ? But youl all have to excuse me if i sound a bit dim but what the hell as it got to do with anybody who breeds dog's for what ever reason or who buys and sells dogs for what ever reason ? Someone is going to have to try very hard to get me to understand the phrase dog peddling because at the moment it just seems to me like another excuse to have a go at any tom dick and harry for breeding a litter of pup or even a little bit of jealousy cramed in there aswell especialy from the younger generation that tend to buy a lurcher then all of a sudden become a dog expert over a month or so. And before we go any further let me just mension a few dog dealer peddler that have been round for an age and made thousand upon thuosands of pounds buying & selling dog, like ken gould, garry middlton the terrierman, dave hancocks, minshaws and thats just four breeders and dealers or dog "peddlers"!!! And by the way how many of you complain to theses guys about the amount of pups they have bred over the decades ???? NONE!! Il tell you why because if these dealers and peddlers hadnt been around breeding and selling "peddling"! dogs none of you winging lot would have any namby pamby looking lurchers or terriers to go running round terrier & lurcher show rinks on your tippy toes would you ??? Stick your replys here and when the posts stop comming il give my opinoin on one or to of them if its a good enough point. Before i leave this topic for you lot to squabble over can i just mension the 100 of thousand of ferrets that get bred that go to everybody and anybody round the country but for some reason dont get a mension in the peddling posts and topics, am i missing something ??? :snack:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Iv had lurchers pritty much since the dawn of my time and never in the whole of my life have i hear of this ridiculous phrase "DOG PEDDLING" Il asume by most peoples posts & topics that this means to breed or buy and sell dogs ? But youl all have to excuse me if i sound a bit dim but what the hell as it got to do with anybody who breeds dog's for what ever reason or who buys and sells dogs for what ever reason ? Someone is going to have to try very hard to get me to understand the phrase dog peddling because at the moment it just seems to me like another excuse to have a go at any tom dick and harry for breeding a litter of pup or even a little bit of jealousy cramed in there aswell especialy from the younger generation that tend to buy a lurcher then all of a sudden become a dog expert over a month or so. And before we go any further let me just mension a few dog dealer peddler that have been round for an age and made thousand upon thuosands of pounds buying & selling dog, like ken gould, garry middlton the terrierman, dave hancocks, minshaws and thats just four breeders and dealers or dog "peddlers"!!! And by the way how many of you complain to theses guys about the amount of pups they have bred over the decades ???? NONE!! Il tell you why because if these dealers and peddlers hadnt been around breeding and selling "peddling"! dogs none of you winging lot would have any namby pamby looking lurchers or terriers to go running round terrier & lurcher show rinks on your tippy toes would you ??? Stick your replys here and when the posts stop comming il give my opinoin on one or to of them if its a good enough point. Before i leave this topic for you lot to squabble over can i just mension the 100 of thousand of ferrets that get bred that go to everybody and anybody round the country but for some reason dont get a mension in the peddling posts and topics, am i missing something ??? :snack:

In my eyes a peddler is someone who breeds and breeds of bitches regardless of their health, keeps the pups and adults in squallid conditions and generally doesen't give a f#ck about his animals and is only interested in the readies jmo.

Kie

Well migmog I'll start a Peddler to me is someone who breeds from untested dogs ie its caught a few on the lamp ONE night therefore they think its a world beater :notworthy: and people should be beating a path to their door £2-300 in hand begging them to have a pup from the said dog, then theres the others buying in dogs to be sold on sooner rather than later for a profit as world beaters :icon_eek:

Strange post for a relative newcomer? stick around and watch the board for a few months You'll soon see what I mean :thumbs:

Y.I.S Leeview

If I see something I want, I'll buy it.

If I want something I think I need, I'll produce it.

If I make a litter, I'll cull it to what I can use or my friends can use.

If someone I don't know wants one of my litter, I'll find out if I want them to have one or not and they will pay me for it because I have seen too many "Free" dogs wasted.

If I don't want them to have one, they can't buy it at ANY price, and that is true.

If they want my dog any other way, I have a twelve gauge over each door.

Some of the best dogs that I have owned were gifts to me, some of the best dogs my friends have owned were gifts to them, but money has changed hands on other good dogs both ways as well.

If I have a good dog I'll love him, If not I will cull him and that does not mean sold on to some poor sucker, if the dog is not good enough for me he is probably not good enough for someone else.

The dollar sticker on a dog does not always equal their quality or true value.

I live my life like I want to and apologize to no one, period.

Edited by badger
great post mate and I could'nt agree more fare play

i think the term "puppy peddlers" is used on here because:

a lot of people only advertise in the sales section JUST to sell dogs and have no further input into the site

they are trying to make a quick buck from a litter............rightly or wrongly, dosn't happen with ferrets ( well, never noticed)

hope thats what you meant ???????

cheers

sean

There is someone on this site at the moment with bullx pups for sale.He has had 3 litters in just 12 months. :thumbdown: Now to me thats a peddler.He has kept a dog from the first litter which is now for sale. check it out for yourselves, everything with this guy is for sale. :thumbdown: atb andri

There is someone on this site at the moment with bullx pups for sale.He has had 3 litters in just 12 months. :thumbdown: Now to me thats a peddler.He has kept a dog from the first litter which is now for sale. check it out for yourselfs, everything with this guy is for sale. :thumbdown: atb andri

and theres no many dogs in NEED for a home