Linebreeding/Inbreeding

Guest joe ox

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i always thought you was line bred joe :clapper::clapper:

:clapper::clapper:

At least I dont have to pay people to be my friend/bodyguard you fat coward :clapper::clapper:

:laugh::laugh::clapper::clapper:

as we all know the infamous plummer was the king of in breeding just read some of his books, just dont do it to close a relation to relation, personally i think just put the best to the best unrelated never any genetic problems then. im sure there are plenty guys on here with excellent stud dogs.

wannabekeeper i definitely think yoiu are barking up the wrong tree, its your opinion and i am not faulting that, do not mix in-breeding with line-breeding.

line-breeding is the key to any sucessful breeding, the outcomes are far more less chance. there is a much bigger probable outcome, you just have to be realistic regarding the faults and the good attributes of both dogs.

if in doubt google line-breeding/make up your own minds.

Id leave the line breeding to the experts you have to have a very good knowledge of the lines you breeding when line breeding. Its not realy a subject for a novice breeder! Iv line bred terriers farther over daughter but im lead to belive son over mother is to close and brother over sister is to close. Half brother over half sister is ok aswell but like i said you have to have good knowledge of the lines.

The closest i would go is Father over daughter, but that would personally be pushing buttons for me.i prefer the such likes of breeding cousins, or half siblings has worked well in the past for me.But if you do linebreed, then i would suggest not to linebreed close again from the result of the first mating, the only way to go for linebreeding is to eventually outcross imo.atb sniper :good:

Listen to this guy what he's said is exactly right!! :thumbs:

By the way somebody has been watching to much tellyvision on this subject havnt they wannabekeeper ? Like iv always said to many want to be dog experts on here that read 2 books and three countrymans weeklys and hey f*cking presto another dog expert has been born! One word four letters "SHYT"!! :snack:

Been reading this thread with interest and think some replies are confusing linebreeding with inbreeding

Linebreeding would be having the same grandsire/granddam on the top and bottom half of a pedigree(past breeding)

Inbreeding is close relatives X each other :no: a one off you may be lucky but not very often,

earlier it was mentioned fatherx daughter was ok but not mother xson :hmm: ?

Have a look at this link http://thewhippetarchives.net/details.php?id=15680

Y.I.S Leeview

Edited by Leeview

Had a play at linebreeding and inbreeding bred two litters of lurchers father/daughter and one of bulls brother/sister all litters had a big pup in them and a runt but the lurchers were very hyperactive no bad fault but that was the case.

The brother sister bull mating i did apart from the one big and one small pup they all had heart defects.

After that the closest i went to keep the lurcher line was grandsire to grandaughter and uncle to niece both litters produced what i wanted with no faults if you want to keep the line you might have no choice but to go close id be prepared to risk it if i had no choice .

Had a play at linebreeding and inbreeding bred two litters of lurchers father/daughter and one of bulls brother/sister all litters had a big pup in them and a runt but the lurchers were very hyperactive no bad fault but that was the case.

The brother sister bull mating i did apart from the one big and one small pup they all had heart defects.

After that the closest i went to keep the lurcher line was grandsire to grandaughter and uncle to niece both litters produced what i wanted with no faults if you want to keep the line you might have no choice but to go close id be prepared to risk it if i had no choice .

You hit the nail on the head there :thumbs: not just the large and small pups but inbreeding also affects the immune system of the offspring

The link I put up, theres cases of adult dogs dieing at an early age, less than 10yrs old could be coincidence without autopsy's who knows?

Y.I.S Leeview