The Working Border Terrier Club

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GREAT TERRIERMEN-ROGER BIGLAND.HOW CAN THIS BE SAID WHEN IT IS COMMON KNOWLEDGE THAT HE BREEDS KC REGISTERED BORDERS FOR SHOWING AND SELLS THEM AT TOP KC PRICES WHEN THEY SEE VERY LITTLE WORK.HE MAYBE A HUNT TERRIERMAN BUT HE USES RUSSELLS AND KC PARSONS WHICH RARELY SEE ANY WORK.

IT IS ALL VERY WELL AND GOOD WHAT YOU ARE DOING BUT THE FACTS NEED TO BE CORRECT FROM THE START OR THEY WILL NEVER BE CORRECT.

ALL THE BEST MOUSE.

Maybe you could make it one of the rules of the club that no money shall change hands for stud or pups,that all dogs on the list have proven themselves as workers with a reliable witness to back them up,and that pups only go to working homes.

I dare say your membership numbers will suffer but the ones you do get will be the sort you need for it to work.

Guest dee mac

as i said at start of this topic forget about the money men and there kc fanny lickers get the genuine digging men on board and then you ll have the start of an honest club with work in mind but pick and shovel you started this thread with a lie saying edrd were backing this club and they were nt so i hope your not spouting a load of crap just to line your own pockets plus this book and dvd is more nonsence that will not bring the working border back to its best actions speak louder than words does that ring any bells

Guest busterdog

as i said at start of this topic forget about the money men and there kc fanny lickers get the genuine digging men on board.

If you could stick to these principals then you won't go far wrong Johny, I two have a great soft spot for the Border but personally think you're on a hiding to nothing, human nature IMO is to lie and gain profit. If i were you i would start small and pass any pups on to a list of recommended honest terrier men and forget any club. "Out of small acorns grow mighty oaks"

Edited by busterdog

its a good thing what you are doing mate but the price of the borders is that if you pay 4oo for your dogs and they do the digging well you still want ya money back for the pups.i dont ca\re who says what ive worked borders for years and they have all proved themselves and my pups were the same price as the parents what i paid which was 350 a pup and i wasnt stuck with a pup because theb people who bought them new they grafted.but you do get the peoplke who just want to earn a quick buck and mine were k.cd to.

IN MY OPINION KC REGISTERED WAS THE END OF THESE LITTLE DOGS.IT IS THE KILLING OF ANY BREED.KC MEANS MONEY AND NOTHING ELSE.I THINK ITS A NON STARTER.IM SURE THERE ARE FEW OUT THERE THAT WORK BORDERS AND I BET THAT THE PUPS ARE KEPT ,PASSED ON TO MATES OR CULLED.THESE ARE THE PROPER LADS.