Hunting with a fox

Years ago i was asked by a farmer to remove a fox of his land,i found the earth and i entered my terrier [a old russell type]she connected within a minute and i left her do her job before i decided to dig,all of a sudden the fox bolted and was taking very quickly by a collie x greyhound,but the terrier didnd appear above ground and was very silent,i continued digging and when i broke into the earth there my terrier was with a young fox cub that could,nt be more than two weeks old,i removerd the terrier and had a closer look and found another two cubs which were in a pocket where my terrier could not reach,i took them out and brought them to a lady who i knew reared a fox a long time before,she reared these foxes and they used to follow her around like two dogs until they got mature and started to kill her laying hens and the neighbours hens,she left them in the countryside to fend for themselves but they werent afraid of people and they ended up getting shot not long after they were released,so even if you make them pets they never lose their hunting background,

Good post liamdelaney.

He must of put alot of time into that fox.

I picked a cub up one night,its mother got hit on the road.

We kept her for about 4months ,lucky her name was ,

I was the lucky one to have fingers left after feeding her..she didnt tame one bit.

I kept away from the local burrows for a couple of years after her.