Well There's a Funny Looking Thing........

I was called in to survey a large rabbit clearance job for this coming winter...........And i spied these critters on the farm i was looking at...........!

The very nice lady said they were Alpaca's..........Never thought i would see anything like that in deepest darkest Northamptonshire :blink::blink: Well there's a first time for everything i suppose.

post-12022-1249397222.jpg

post-12022-1249397268.jpg

i knew a farmer once that kept some with his sheep because he thought they helped keep predators away from the lambs - not sure if there was any fact in it.

There is some animals, not sure if they are alpacas or llamas up the road from me but they certainly aint soft and are capable of keeping predators away. They stomped a fox into the ground not long ago aparently made a real mess :blink:

Best thing was the lady who owns the land and found the master bush looking in need of a blow wave is a fierce anti :clapper: :clapper:

They do tend to spit like lahmas.We might be ending up with 3 that were the son in laws fathers god knows were we going to keep them??????

In the larder ;)

Be more than my life was worth suggesting that lol :laugh: But i ave wonderd wat they would taste like :D atb
They do tend to spit like lahmas.We might be ending up with 3 that were the son in laws fathers god knows were we going to keep them??????

In the larder ;)

Be more than my life was worth suggesting that lol :laugh: But i ave wonderd wat they would taste like :D atb

It could always be an "unfortunate Tragedy i did not mean to shoot it but the moon was out of alignment with uranus which sent the bullet behind me, oh well let's not waste the meat" sort of explanation :whistling: