Patterdales

Hi

Just met up today with a friend who has 2 patterdales around 8 months old(pet dogs)

I was told my patterdale was a standard, now what does that mean? and hers were miniatures? first time I had heard of a miniature patterdale.

Another thing was that mine should have a curled up tail, anyone know what that has to do with a good or bad patterdale, my pup is now 5 months old getting tall.

oh and 1 last thing, ears should stand up?

well I was sure glad when she left.

Just out of interest ,pics below for you to see and let me know what you think?

They were both brilliant little dogs, just got a bit concerned that mine was growing too tall.

mine is the one at the back in the first pic. Her bitch 2nd pic and the 3rd pic dog with curly tail and stand up ears.

AA008.jpg

AA010.jpg

AA006.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

standard and miniature :blink: means someones sold you something that its not and probly charged you good money for it ... it means ones taller than the other.. undocked tails on terriers take on a life of thr own .. out of interest how much did you pay for them did the breeder tell you anything of thr background working parents what line etc ..

Edited by the_stig
not bein cheeky but iz your the one with the tail and kinda ruff coat

if so uv been sold a mungral :p

NO please dont tell me mine below is not a patterdale, he is the smooth coated one in the first pic, the other 2 are my friends.

piptoday02-1.jpg

you get different heights,coat,colour,of patterdales young man so whoever told you that has obviously not much experiance with these types of dogs you can get plenty info off this website or you get different books but youll learn as you go along or from more experianced people ;)

This one is mine pic taken a few weeks back., he is a Nuttall bloodline, I saw both the dog and bitch and paid £250, the other 2 cost my friend around £150 each, she is going to breed them. my god I hope I never meet her again.

piptoday02-1.jpg

standard and miniature :blink: means someones sold you something that its not and probly charged you good money for it ... it means ones taller than the other.. undocked tails on terriers take on a life of thr own .. out of interest how much did you pay for them did the breeder tell you anything of thr background working parents what line etc ..

NO please dont tell me mine below is not a patterdale, he is the smooth coated one in the first pic, the other 2 are my friends.

piptoday02-1.jpg

nice pup mate just seen the photo ;)

piptoday02-1.jpg

he looks alike a patterdale to me mate, so i wouldnt worry if i were you. as long as he works for you it wont matter what he is