Choice of Colour On Your Dog

Guest Ditch_Shitter

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ditch_Shitter
get a wite dog for the snow and a black dog for the nite and a brindle dog the woods n a red dog the brackon :D

:laugh: That truley would make you an 'All Rounder', wouldn't it? :good:

Really couldn't care less, allthough Gin, who bred my pup, preferes brindles. I like brindles as they seem to say "lurcher" or "running dog", but ability comes way above colour !! By the way, a piece of useless information, did you know Muhammed said all dogs were "unclean" except the saluki, unless it was black and tan, then it was the devils dog !!!

Cheers.

Guest Nightwalker
:guitar: If we had to listen to the tales of yore then we would alhave jet black dogs...BUT, these are as visib;le as a whitedog in the dark...those that have never walked at night WITHOUT a torch will never understand what i mean, but those who have will.....the most inconspicuous colour imho is RED.....it makes me laugh when i hear people tell of this colour is better for this, that and the other....when you are shining a 500, 000cp lamp, the whole colour thing pales into insignificance.................it really isnt important......and i believe those that have wrote about it in the past have little understanding oif what it is really like to walk alone, at night, with a good lurcher,.......fairy tales dont fill freezers..... :good: just like beauty, colour is only skin deep :good:

I agree totally about black being too visible and I also agree that red is a good colour for a dog but in my eyes in comes second to a lightish brindle in the invisibility stakes, and this does matter when mooching about or when making your escape by disappearing into the dark when that lamp has attracted the opposition! The funny thing is that my current bitch is as big as a donkey but almost invisible from dusk onwards and at night prefers being further out from me than most of my dogs have done. Lamping with her is like watching one of those gulf war videos where the pilot put the cross hairs on the target, you wait and the bomb flies in from the side and hits the building. In this case its lamp on, there's the game, keep the lamp on it and suddenly out of absolutely nowhere a huge hairy 'missile' will appear and strike the ah 'rabbit' LOL.

Edited by Nightwalker
If asked 3 year back i would have said i hate white dogs and wall eyed feckers, no way would i own one, went to see a litter had 6 or 7 to choose from, yep you guessed it came home with the white wall eyed bugger lol.

And being the mother to my fine bitch I think you made the right choice, :good:

I'm sure Moomin and "Ruby" would agree. :clapper:

Guest moomin300uk

If asked 3 year back i would have said i hate white dogs and wall eyed feckers, no way would i own one, went to see a litter had 6 or 7 to choose from, yep you guessed it came home with the white wall eyed bugger lol.

And being the mother to my fine bitch I think you made the right choice, :good:

I'm sure Moomin and "Ruby" would agree. :clapper:

yup :)