how much would you trust a ferret

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how trust worthy is a jill ferret if you raised it from a couple of weeks well handled how much trust would you have when a adult

a lot if you have done it right :D

Edited by mushroom

was at a mates thew other day he passed me his jill and i started tickling it on the chin putting my hands he looked supprised and told me he would never trust a ferret 100% they seemed ok to me and he's a good lad doe's alot of hunting keeps himself to himself must of had a bad experience or simething

i trust most of mine completely still wouldnt kiss them and the like but ,each has a different personality i have one jill thats a right grumpy little shit most days wont latch on but will give a good nip when she doesnt want to be bothered .most jills change when they have kitts as well for obvious reasons but i do have one jill that is happy to let me handle her kitts as they are being born but i raised her by hand and trust is mutual

Trust all ours about 99% they are handled numerous times through the day by myself

and my 21 yr old daughter who loves the ferts to death more than her boyfriend so he

says anyway LOL she is always kissing em and she never gets bitten even when she

handles really young kitts the jills are quite happy to let her do it

The reason i say 99% is ferts are like people they can get the odd moody on exspecialy

in breeding season and i personaly have been nipped but not savaegly bitten ever by any

of my ferts but my daughter has never even been nipped

i would never trust any animal with small children

i wouldnt trust any child with an animal.

if a child gets bitten its normaly the parents fault for not being there to see the early warning signs.

none of my animals have ever show any sign of agression towards my children, i still wouldnt leave my boys alone with them.