Police Dogs Dead In Car

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wonder if it would be " a tragic accident " if i was caught at 2am with a couple of roe and a lamp in the motor - would it f**k - bunch of wankers !

No one said 'accident' it was an 'incident.'

If you were caught with 2 Roe and a lamp it would be neither.

Do "Police" dogs live with their handler or in a kennel at the dog section?

I'm almost 100% the Cheshire ones have a permanent kennel on Police premises.

Why would they be with an off duty officer in a civvy car in the first place?

Dogs live with their handlers, usually kenneled at home, the kennels at any police station are for prisoners dogs and they used to be for lost dogs etc before the council took over the responsibility for lost dogs

When a dog handler goes on holiday they are kenneled at the dog training establishment and fed there etc....they cant be put in a boarding kennel can they!

so the dogs would/could travel in a civilian car to and from work........however some forces give the handler a van which has the cage etc....to travel to and from work

The comments being brushed under the carpet make me laugh.....

It was announced in the press and the RSPCA informed......surely if you want to brush something under the carpet they wouldn't tell anyone and the dogs would have been buried quietly? hardly brushing under the carpet more like distancing the organisation from the person responsible and making/letting them stand on their own to be answered!

This was either a fault in a police vehicle or an officer being very negligent....if this was negligence then the person responsible deserves what ever they get......but dog vans are designed to keep the occupants at a nice temperature regardless of the weather outside and the air-con and fans run in the back of the vans even when the keys are out of the ignition....in fact the engine can stay on and running with the keys removed and the doors locked to power the air con!

If they were left in a civilian vehicle thats not acceptable

Compo that is just the sort of excuses you coppers come out with,blame it everything else but the coppers themselves you lot are human and are not above mistakes.He should have checked his cooling systen was working first if the motor had one,had he checked the dogs would still be alive.He didn't or it didn't have a cooling system so the dogs died,his fault no fecker else's mate.As for the public hearing about it as you know there's plenty of "civilian" workers in a nick so keeping it quiet these days is a little harder than it used to be when things were a bit more in house and closed shop,hence the annoucement to the public.Better to confess than to get caught out then they can deal with it in house without an enquiry.

I am not making excuses for anyone.....and read my last line the handler may have made a mistake "If they were left in a civilian vehicle thats not acceptable" , and he deserves what ever punishment they see fit for making that mistake.........

And how wrong about me you are..........LOL

the c**t should get the sack aswell as geting banned from keeping animals the arse should have new better than to leave dogs in a moter in that weather thats my oppinion

totally unacceptable behavior , and there ment to enforce the law , it beggers belief how anyone can leave any animal in a car any time of the year not just in this heat :censored: :censored:

I disagree to some extent Kay . . . . my dogs are always out and about with me, especially when i'm out photographing the hunt. They get left in the car and are more than happy, the boot has a huge cage and they will happily snooze in there whilst i go about my business, they love being out with me.

That said it's common sense isn't it, if they happen to be with me in this heat, which is very rare . . . i open the boot and have a padlock on the cage, bowl of water , the car is always parked in shade and i never leave them long.

Like anything there will always be the idiots that exploit things and the fact that in this instance it was the police, is un acceptable.

Errrrrr...me too... :blink:

If we're out, so are the dogs. I wouldn't leave them in the car if the sun is shining, but how on earth would you ever go anywhere and do anything with them, if you felt you couldn't leave them in the car for a bit?? :blink: I'm afraid the back of my truck is their second kennel, they have no problem waiting there for me whilst I'm pottering. It's about common sense isn't it?

Let's hope the copper is thrown out of the force. It's BAD form, and they couldn't possibly have any credibility left if any other conclusion were drawn.

Those poor dogs...it doesn't bare thinking about how they must have suffered. :(

I would not leave my dogs in the car either............i would be afraid of them being nicked......yes, it happens!

I do leave my dog in the back of my Discovery occasionally for a few minutes (never more than 10), he's in a cage the full size of the space behind the back seats, there's always air (sunroof above his head, Discos have 2) he has a travel non spill water bowl, the glass is optikool so is heat resistant, but even so I'm massively paranoid about it and would only do it if desperate for a piss.

Seems he was on duty at the time now ...........

http://www.nottinghamshire.police.uk/newsa...ice_dog_deaths/

No doubt there'll be a story soon of how the officer was delayed because someone threw acid on him/stabbed him with an infected needle/shagged his arse and that was the reason he couldn't get out to let the dogs out.

Coming soon to a Policeman near you ............... Untruths and hypocrisy.

totally unacceptable behavior , and there ment to enforce the law , it beggers belief how anyone can leave any animal in a car any time of the year not just in this heat :censored: :censored:

I disagree to some extent Kay . . . . my dogs are always out and about with me, especially when i'm out photographing the hunt. They get left in the car and are more than happy, the boot has a huge cage and they will happily snooze in there whilst i go about my business, they love being out with me.

That said it's common sense isn't it, if they happen to be with me in this heat, which is very rare . . . i open the boot and have a padlock on the cage, bowl of water , the car is always parked in shade and i never leave them long.

Like anything there will always be the idiots that exploit things and the fact that in this instance it was the police, is un acceptable.

Errrrrr...me too... :blink:

If we're out, so are the dogs. I wouldn't leave them in the car if the sun is shining, but how on earth would you ever go anywhere and do anything with them, if you felt you couldn't leave them in the car for a bit?? :blink: I'm afraid the back of my truck is their second kennel, they have no problem waiting there for me whilst I'm pottering. It's about common sense isn't it?

Let's hope the copper is thrown out of the force. It's BAD form, and they couldn't possibly have any credibility left if any other conclusion were drawn.

Those poor dogs...it doesn't bare thinking about how they must have suffered. :(

I would not leave my dogs in the car either............i would be afraid of them being nicked......yes, it happens!

Thats the point i was trying to make