Odd Colour Kit

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Need to correct myself because the collection of databases is by the National Center for Biotechnology Information.   http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/   The databases are collated from studies from a

You've already had 2 examples of Waardenburgs ferrets, 'Lee'.   Your comments on working and showing are irrelevent prejudice.   There's none so blind as will not see. You are dead right there.  

Posted Images

I love it when you pet owners kick off :laugh:

It's not just pet owners who are concerned about genetic defects, mate.

I value working ferrets and have no desire to see them fecked up by people breeding for trivial things like funny colours!

I've asked repeatedly for substantiated evidence of cases of Waardenburgs in the Uk ...

Y.I.S Leeview

Please forgive me if this is a stupid question, but is it your assertion that UK and American ferrets have a different genetic makeup? Are perhaps even different sub-species? I'm just trying to understand what it is that you're claiming.

Wouldn't waste your breath mate. The bloke seems to think a genetic disorder like Waardenburgs and a disease like rabies are the same sort of thing. :doh:

..oh, and welcome to the forum! :laugh::bye:

Ah, I see. An idiot then.

Thanks for the welcome.

I value working ferrets and have no desire to see them fecked up by people breeding for trivial things like funny colours!

The ferret gene pool is already "fecked up" enough, without all of this colour daftness. How many breeders, I wonder, keep full and accurate records of their ferrets? All of them?

Edited by CommanderData

The ferret gene pool is already "fecked up" enough, without all of this colour daftness. How many breeders, I wonder, keep full and accurate records of their ferrets? All of them?

Few enough I would say. But I do think that breeding splodgy exotic type ferts seriously complicates the matter and will bugger them up more than they already are.

Leeview is really gonna love you for calling him a 'pet owner' :laugh::laugh:

Not again! :laugh:

well Stealthy1 as Your in Lincs perhaps you might Like to step out with US as you call US *pet Ferret Owners* :laugh:

presumig You Have ferrets and working equipment < that means collars etc> :laugh: You Could be in for a surprise :laugh:

No exscuses!! :laugh:

I hope your Fit!! :laugh:

Just because you haven't seen or had experiance of a ferret with Waardenburgs does not mean that they do not exist. Genetics is a complecated matter in any animal. Bob Church last year traveled the world taking samples from ferrets for genetic testing and once this data is corolated we will all be better informed

I've asked repeatedly for substantiated evidence of cases of Waardenburgs in the Uk ...

Y.I.S Leeview

Please forgive me if this is a stupid question, but is it your assertion that UK and American ferrets have a different genetic makeup? Are perhaps even different sub-species? I'm just trying to understand what it is that you're claiming.

Wouldn't waste your breath mate. The bloke seems to think a genetic disorder like Waardenburgs and a disease like rabies are the same sort of thing. :doh:

..oh, and welcome to the forum! :laugh::bye:

No Mal what I said was they both occur in the USA, and asked for positive proof of waardenburgs actually being in the UK? which has not been forthcoming as yet. Ferrets can be slodgey and not have Waardenburgs. very little mention is made of ferrets with waardenburgs mainly dealing with occurencies in Humans, possibly 1 in 42,000 COULD have it, 30 students in a deaf college only 1 had waardenburgs. So whats the chance that every deaf ferret has waardenburgs? there is also evidence put forward that CILIA are damaged in the foetal stage and this leads to total deafness

Y.I.S Leeview

If this is the case why do they use ferrets in medical research?

Y.I.S Leeview

Just because you haven't seen or had experiance of a ferret with Waardenburgs does not mean that they do not exist. Genetics is a complecated matter in any animal. Bob Church last year traveled the world taking samples from ferrets for genetic testing and once this data is corolated we will all be better informed

Why did Bob Church travel the world taking samples from ferrets for genetic testing? commander data has stated there all the same whether there here or USA or did I get that wrong?

Y.I.S Leeview