BREEDING FOR MONEY

C'mon, as long as someone isn't producing pups on a regular basis then what's the big deal if they breed a litter on a rare occasion out of good workers and ask for a decent return on the puppies? I've paid (to some maybe excessive amounts) for well bred,top of their game dogs,it's like going shopping in a supermarket,there's plenty of choice but if you want quality goods then you have to pay that bit more :)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I ever breed a litter one thing for sure...no one on here even hears about them. They are never for sale, they are given away to mates. In turn, i get pups given back and/or stud for free as a standard. Its all about putting the value of dogs far, far higher than the shallowness of money.

Too many litters being bred for money. I don't care what anyone says, alot of this "bred for own use" is bollocks. They are seeing the £200 a pup. And it is a shame. What many do not think about is...If working dogs had little value then dog thefts would be reduced dramatically. It's the stupid £300+ prices that fuels dog theft. The scum that pinch the dogs are doing it to breed from them and sell the pups in many cases.

Money, money, money..... <_<

But hey, that's JMO......J Darcy

Does that mean the price of your books are coming down :D

both of my bull xs are from , [in my eyes ] a puppy peddler ! ...I got the first one at 6 weeks old , and surprised me in every way, the following year i went back to the same chap , and got another one at 5 1/2 weeks old, at the back end of last year one of em had an accident and nearly died , i was gutted , the vet said he,d never run again yet alone work , but the first thing i did when i got back from the vets was ring the chap who sold me them to see if he would breed the same way, .............. yes he might be a puppy peddler , but he is peddeling the exact sort of dogs i want and wouldnt be without, best way to replace a good en is to go back to the chap that bred it , atb MR POACH

If I ever breed a litter one thing for sure...no one on here even hears about them. They are never for sale, they are given away to mates. In turn, i get pups given back and/or stud for free as a standard. Its all about putting the value of dogs far, far higher than the shallowness of money.

Too many litters being bred for money. I don't care what anyone says, alot of this "bred for own use" is bollocks. They are seeing the £200 a pup. And it is a shame. What many do not think about is...If working dogs had little value then dog thefts would be reduced dramatically. It's the stupid £300+ prices that fuels dog theft. The scum that pinch the dogs are doing it to breed from them and sell the pups in many cases.

Money, money, money..... <_<

But hey, that's JMO......J Darcy

Does that mean the price of your books are coming down :D

:clapper::clapper::clapper: that'l be the day :D
Just a quick question is there alot of people who just breed working dogs for a quick dollar just to sting the inexpierienced of the working dog world.........Lets face it its not as if there is a shortage of lurchers/terriers as alot of the kennels where i live there is more failed/unwanted working dogs than enough
its not to sting its the money its the same in every breed thats why there is so much shite

I agree with what mr.darcy has said,in fact id go a step further and say unless either or both parents are known outstanding individuals in their field then what right has the owners got in breeding them after all working dogs is a hobby not a buiseness and if a man needs to get money back then he obviously cant afford his hobby and shouldnt be prostituting his dogs out to get back what money that he needs to pursue his hobby,thats how below average dogs are passed on.Any time dogs are bred for money quality drops lower and lower......working dogs in particular should be bred for reasons of quality and improvement only and when this is not the case a compromise is made and quality drops as has been proved in many breeds over the years.

I agree with what mr.darcy has said,in fact id go a step further and say unless either or both parents are known outstanding individuals in their field then what right has the owners got in breeding them after all working dogs is a hobby not a buiseness and if a man needs to get money back then he obviously cant afford his hobby and shouldnt be prostituting his dogs out to get back what money that he needs to pursue his hobby,thats how below average dogs are passed on.Any time dogs are bred for money quality drops lower and lower......working dogs in particular should be bred for reasons of quality and improvement only and when this is not the case a compromise is made and quality drops as has been proved in many breeds over the years.

some of the best working dogs in history have been sold for money...your talking nonsense as usual

[quote name='AKA-BRINDLE' date='Jun 13 2009, 10:03 PM' post='1099331'

some of the best working dogs in history have been sold for money...your talking nonsense as usual

The difference is those great dogs get sold for money after they have proved themself not before.....or they are from proven very good dogs......breeding average or below dogs and selling them for money is wrong and only a fool would say otherwise.

As always people defending needless dog breeding are usually the ones who go through life buying dogs.....mostly because they have no understanding of breeding or need to make a couple of quid through the back door as they cant finance their hobbies in any other way !

Working dogs is a hobby not a buiseness.

Edited to add.........read my signature its words i live by.......some people are ignorant but im going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say your just stupid !

Edited by gnasher16
Guest lurchers&terriers

There are some members on this site that quite clearly have no intrest in anything other than selling dogs. I dont know how they get away with it considering this site is well moderated.

Racing greyhounds is a hobby. racing whippets is a hobby. racing pidgeons is a hobby. The list goes on and on. So because these are sold and not gifted they are peddlers. I think not. I was brought up on the assumption that if you wanted something you paid for it. It must be lovely to have every dog you own gifted to you. Grow the fcuk up and get a life. Dogs will always be bred and sold for cash. atb stabba

"breeding average or below dogs and selling them for money is wrong only a fool would say otherwise"................yeah thats right! but what these lads are saying is anyone who puts a price on a dog is wrong and im saying some of the all time greats where sold for a price...anyone with half a brain can spot a pedler...just cos someone puts a price on a dog dont make them a pedler...read the thread ;)

Racing greyhounds is a hobby. racing whippets is a hobby. racing pidgeons is a hobby. The list goes on and on. So because these are sold and not gifted they are peddlers. I think not. I was brought up on the assumption that if you wanted something you paid for it. It must be lovely to have every dog you own gifted to you. Grow the fcuk up and get a life. Dogs will always be bred and sold for cash. atb stabba

Thats not really a fair comparison is it......selling a proven tested succesful dog for x amount of money is not quite the same as selling a litter of pups from unproven parents is it.....you sell a pup on the strength of its parents we are not talking about the people who buy a pup because its cute !....why would any normal sane human being buy a working pup from unproven or average parentage ?......which in turn questions why anybody would breed a pup from unproven or average parentage.

The assumption " if you want something you pay for it " may apply in some walks of life but not in working dogs......some breeders have the moral fibre to give a good prospect away knowing it has a good chance of reaching its full potential than selling it for top money knowing its going to sit on the couch all its life.......thats the beauty of the working/sporting dog game,you cant just buy success !

So because i prefer to buy something rather than have it gifted i am accused of tryin to buy success. What a fcukin stupid statement. I own 2 bitches and if i want to breed them i will. Why should i have a bunch of blokes tell me what i should or shouldnt do. If i want to sell them i will. if i want to gift them i will. So at the end of the day does that make me a peddler. I think not. No doubt Wilf and his little clique will have summat to say lol. :clapper::clapper::clapper: