Wasp season has started here.....

The wasp season has started here........did a couple last week and did three today......here's hoping we have a bumper year. Here's one i did earlier........hanging outside under the apex of a house roof, about the size of a grapefruit (which is what i would expect this early in the season). I always marvel at the wasp "Paper" which is just chewed wood from trees and fences........look at the miriad of colours from all the different stained fence panels it has been taking wood from. Truly wonderful constructions. ;)

post-12022-1244219555.jpg

post-12022-1244219598.jpg

post-12022-1244219662.jpg

The nests are a work of art to look at but the wasps themselves are bloody horrible :o i'm petrified of them :icon_redface::icon_redface: stung very badly as a young'in as i went to retrieve a football that had disturbed a nest :doh: last time i played the tough guy with angry wasps :cry:

good pics mate.

this is my first season on the wasps and havent had a call yet, i`m in oxfordshire.

Wont be long now, you just make sure you wear your protective clothing :laugh:

_MG_3459resize.jpg

Hi john

i always new motor bikes were dangerous :D

The nests are a work of art to look at but the wasps themselves are bloody horrible :o i'm petrified of them :icon_redface::icon_redface: stung very badly as a young'in as i went to retrieve a football that had disturbed a nest :doh: last time i played the tough guy with angry wasps :cry:

they actzact thing happened to me as a kid horrible

personally i like wasps and they are getting rarer but its a job what has to be done i suppose

had a nest by my shed i just left it and kept well away from it never did me any harm

yeah just knocked one out of the shed after one of the b*****ds stung me, my back was like the elephant man. im now on a mission with me cotton feather and a gallon of fuel, those b*****ds aint gonna get me again

There about I have done 4 and dealt more with bees this year, which is good news as we have to look after the bees ;)

I moved 2 swarms of honey bee this year one being approximately 8thousand and the other a litlle larger at 12 thousand, all passed on to my local bee keeper, and I goto say its a site worth watching as they are collected in a basket and moved to a new hive :yes:

had 1 in the garage last year sprayed it with wasp killer for 2 weeks 100;s of dead wasps and watched nothing coming or going so decided to smash it with a golf club big mistake a single wasp a big fecker (queen?) came out flew straight at my face and went up my nose!! snotted it out but it had stung me, 5 hours in a&e!!