dogs in or out

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

all mine spent time in the house as pups, ive found it makes them more confident and easier to train and better around people
its called bonding with the pup ..i agree ....i have mine in the house usually till about 5 months old ...then slowly introduce them outside...this pup ive got not didnt go outside till about a month ago hes now 8 months ,,,reason is he was a wild thing and needed a bit more time spent with him......i do think a dog is better outside ..but i dont think it affects there working abillty either way,,,,,i thinks it a bit more healthy for them outside not breathing gas fire fumes in ect ect and i think they keep a better coat if there outside....i try and spend as much time as possible with a pup in the early days ..and being at work all day it hard to do ..so having them in the house when there young to me i think its better...just my opinion......i keep reading things like if you have them inside then try and put them into kennels later that they will howl and cry like fook ....mine dont and never have ...each day when introducing them to the kennel i just leave them out a little longer each time.....never had a serious problem yet with noise,...all this bullshit about working dogs outside and pets in is bollocks.....hard men.... :clapper: and a dog to me is a companion as well as a grafter.......dont really give a shite what other people think....its up to each person.......we all do things different and have diffrent views ..what ever works for you..... :D ..somtimes if i have a wee drink i get them all in for a cuddle.... :clapper::clapper::clapper:

well said and ive seen your dogs and all of them look great mate years of experience . good luck mate

pet dog inside working dog outside

why? and why cant a working dog be a pet,imo the working dog should be treated more like a pet than a non worker,after all your working dog be it a terrier or lurcher does everything you ask of it whatever the weather and whatever the obstacles in front of it,after all that you feed it an put it outside in its kennel,yet you'll quite happily let your pet dog(that does literally feck all for you)sleep in front of the fire :huh: very strange

a working dog is a working dog not a pet when the worker has been out working you dont know what its bringing back ie fleas and what ever else and you let them in your house

dont talk shite,my working dog is also my family pet,they always will be,and as for it bringing back things ie;fleas :hmm: never heard of a rub down

a rub down thats all you do and let your dog step in to your house id hate to see your house my dog has a proper hose down before they even go in theyre kennel i think there is a large border between a working dog and a pet but each to theyre own

as long as they are kept clean, well fed and have human contact it doesn't matter in or out, have done both with past dogs of mine, the terrier i have lives in and sleeps in a cage of a night, so she ain't spralled all over the sofa's when we are not around :good:

Edited by surrey lass

so after a hard days work does ya wife put ya in kennel cause ya covered in shit :wallbash:

NO!

dogs build a better bond with u and feel more confident in the field with u

dogs IN every day of the week

I've yet to come across a working dog that's been spoilt by being kept indoors. I like the company, and I like the fact that I can constantly keep on top of my dogs discipline. Dogs thrive on knowing their place in the pack, and being constantly told what to do.

I agree :yes:

Working dogs arn't spoilt by being kept indoors.