Ferret courts

Hi All, can anyone advise me how to build a ferret court or where I can get plans please ?

Do a quick search with the search button, pics of courts are frowned apon on here. :D

Oh lordy the dredded C word :laugh::laugh:

Hi All, can anyone advise me how to build a ferret court or where I can get plans please ?

Do a quick search with the search button, pics of courts are frowned apon on here. :D

Oh lordy the dredded C word :laugh::laugh:

Yep! the C word. :D

Thanks all, even the sarky ones, im a greenhorn dont ya know.

I guess sarcasm and ignorance help the world go round.

Me myself Im guilty of both. ;)

Ignore the shite mate, good on ya to ask before you build it. As much space as possible, ensure they can't escape.

If poss, try to varnish the inside floors of the hutches to ease clenaning of shit. Again if poss, seal the floor if it's concrete or similar. If there is a land drain/ manhole in the proposed area, drill a couple of holes through it and bolt a loop of chain through it for easy shit removal. Good luck!

I have several metres of 1" square galvo mesh, top quality for ferret runs. 3FT wide. You can have as much FOC if you pay the postage! Cheers, D.

Check out many previous posts of ferret courts and you'll see the mesh on my COURT!!!!!!

Thanks all, even the sarky ones, im a greenhorn dont ya know.

I guess sarcasm and ignorance help the world go round.

Me myself Im guilty of both. ;)

Ignore the shite mate, good on ya to ask before you build it. As much space as possible, ensure they can't escape.

If poss, try to varnish the inside floors of the hutches to ease clenaning of shit. Again if poss, seal the floor if it's concrete or similar. If there is a land drain/ manhole in the proposed area, drill a couple of holes through it and bolt a loop of chain through it for easy shit removal. Good luck!

I have several metres of 1" square galvo mesh, top quality for ferret runs. 3FT wide. You can have as much FOC if you pay the postage! Cheers, D.

Check out many previous posts of ferret courts and you'll see the mesh on my COURT!!!!!!

Cheers mate, thanks for the tips, very informative

IF your wanting a smallish run/big hutch thats fairly easy to make. we used make them out of old doors, would pick up 4 internal doors from the skip, Prefably all the same colour so that it looks ok.

One for the bottom of court

one for back

cut one in half (to make the sides)

then used to get a piece of 2X3 bit of wood for across the top front, And then fasten your mesh onto the front.

With the final door would use the hinges from it to fasten them onto the back of the hutch. and then put roofing felt on top

We did this a few times and although they will rot eventually. We found you could get about 5 years out of one before they did.

Hope this helps

Edited by lapin2008