Sign in to follow this  
jdtag

whippet sized greyhounds

over 20 odd years of raceing greyhounds i have had a few small greyhounds but they were all bitches and sprinters struggeled to get the normal distance some were smaller than a large whippet but all were pure bred raceing greyhounds with there raceing id card.

I HAVE A GREYHOUND BITCH THAT IS 24TTS SHE AS BIN A GOOD LITTLE BITCH WILL GET PICS UP SOON

001-6.jpg

Edited by delboy p

A greyhound that size would be a runt - you'd be better off with a good whippy or grew.

Midget greyhounds whatever next...smh.

My ex-courser is small at 26" and 30kg, my other grey is 30.5 " and 35 kg - THESE ARE BOTH BITCHES. I've met dogs that have weighed 50kg.

yes but they will not be be pure greyhounds a mixture of both but ive heard people swear they wer pure greyhounds.atvb

i had a pure greyhound all stamped up that was 22tts at 18 months old

24tts might be small for a greyhound but that's far too big to be classed as a true whippet, 22tts is close though.

A greyhound that size would be a runt - you'd be better off with a good whippy or grew.

Midget greyhounds whatever next...smh.

:hmm:

The best greyhound who ever lived was a runt greyhound and many people doubted his abilities as well.

:thumbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-sIwOyaZwM

Turn it up lads!! :)

Edited by cúagusgiorraí

old master mgaw great old song from the dubs, well put together greyhound even tho small

I ran a 23" Greyhound bitch in a few "No Limit" non ped scratch races over 150 yards in '71-'72, and some of the half cross Grews could beat her; but when they tried to match her around 2 bends, 270 yards, she beat them fairly easily. Now, 23" wouldn't be out of place for a Non Ped Whippet !

Cheers.

some interesting posts their. I seen a greyhound bitch fee to a good home that is 40lb in weight!

So their around.

Any pics of these small greyhounds?

Cheers. :thumbs:

In 1988 somebody i knew called Irish Noel had black bitch 22.5 inch

Coursed and won just about every race on flapping tracks at short distance very very very fast dog :thumbs:

Cheers Dean. What does flapping track mean?

Sorry, i know what a greyhound track is, but not flapping, have heard of it, but never thought to ask? :thumbs:

flapping is a dying sport tracks closing every year flapping is unlicenced greyhound racing exactly the same as normal racing but without all the red tape just bought a little bitch that would pass for a big whippet tiny little thing cracking race record though check her out on data rushmore bonnie .