shit happens

well I havnt been about much lately as I've had my fair share of problems,but to top it all off this morning i was doing a quarry clear out.The farmer asked me to take as many rabbits as I could before they produced young ones.Last Sunday I went ferreting with my lurcher Willow and I couldnt do anything wrong,by 2 p.m. I had 27 rabbits,unbelievable sport and great catches by the dog.He really put it together in the last few weeks,hes steady and now showing he can intercept the rabbits before they get to exit the warrens.Today we had 5 in the bag when he coursed a rabbit across the quarry and collided with a huge boulder,breaking his two front legs.I was distraught when I saw his condition as I knew the only thing that could be done was to put the dog to sleep.To say I was attached to this dog is an understatement.I went to the farmer and borrowed his gun and did what I had to do.I am wreaking in depression writing this and still cant believe what has happened.I was so pleased with the dogs skill and he was a pleasure to keep.he lived to please me and I now have to start all over again and get a new pup at some stage and try to mould it into an efficient rabbiter.I thought my luck couldnt get any worse,how wrong I was.Keep up the good work,JIGSAW.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ripstop
well I havnt been about much lately as I've had my fair share of problems,but to top it all off this morning i was doing a quarry clear out.The farmer asked me to take as many rabbits as I could before they produced young ones.Last Sunday I went ferreting with my lurcher Willow and I couldnt do anything wrong,by 2 p.m. I had 27 rabbits,unbelievable sport and great catches by the dog.He really put it together in the last few weeks,hes steady and now showing he can intercept the rabbits before they get to exit the warrens.Today we had 5 in the bag when he coursed a rabbit across the quarry and collided with a huge boulder,breaking his two front legs.I was distraught when I saw his condition as I knew the only thing that could be done was to put the dog to sleep.To say I was attached to this dog is an understatement.I went to the farmer and borrowed his gun and did what I had to do.I am wreaking in depression writing this and still cant believe what has happened.I was so pleased with the dogs skill and he was a pleasure to keep.he lived to please me and I now have to start all over again and get a new pup at some stage and try to mould it into an efficient rabbiter.I thought my luck couldnt get any worse,how wrong I was.Keep up the good work,JIGSAW.

sorry to hear jigsaw, same happened to me start of season hang in there, things have a way of coming good