Brexit Thread Redux

8 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Wilf if you think that their isn't a shit load of people in Ireland that will see a hard border as a massive fcuking slap in the face and the road to a completely divided country again your badly mistaken. Maybe your accent has something to do with them not giving you there real opinion lol. 

I’m sorry but again, I just don’t see a problem.

If somebody phones me up tomorrow and says there is a load of kit to be bought and cleared in Boston, Botswana or Bognor Regis I am going to put myself and my people on a plane, go and get it and ship it anywhere I want to in the world if there is a profit In it.......period !

it really is as simple as that. 

• Like 2

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I genuinely think it’s more simple than that mate, almost to a man none of them want to leave this massive and very lucrative club for people just like themselves and they have found the way to f**k o

All this could have been avoided, if the EU had had the brains to throw that prick Cameron a bone when he was asking for a different deal for the UK, there never would have been a referendum. The

I had a conversation in the week with a bloke I do business with. He phones up sounding like he is going to be shot at dawn and tells me that another associate has taken over a dealership so now

Posted Images

But it's Irish people we're talking about here wilf nothing is ever that simple. You are merely a visitor here that decided to stay a while, you'll never fully understand how deeply engrained the bigotry and hatred is in a hell of a lot of people, some people don't need  much of an excuse to use violence.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, WILF said:

Brexit was indeed a massive topic of conversation mate but it's all died off now as folk take more of an interest in just cracking on.

Do you think people want a return to the former unpleasantness ?.......I don’t, I don’t think there is any flavour for that at all.

The gun and Irish politics won’t be easy bedmates ever again......people have moved on.

As I said, I wasn’t being a prick but tell the truth mate......the whole country is helping itself to farm payments of some description right, left and centre so in that respect I am spot on and you know it.

People in England don’t even give ireland a second thought......it could be outer mongolier for all your average Englishman knows about it so “having to deal with Ireland as an equal” won’t even come it to as metaphorically speaking they have never heard of you.

I love Ireland, I love living here and I live the vibe and there is a hell of a lot the UK could learn from how people crack on here.......but dealing with big things on a world stage isn’t one of them mate.

Divisions will appear, attitudes will harden.....sectarianism will raise it's ugly head.....hey presto, as you say Wilf "Cluster f**k"....

Your'e correct, people in England don't give Ireland a second thought......when the issue of the Border was raised in the referendum, we were friends.....no change to the Border......now has to be a border.....Ireland is being used as a pawn once again......only had peace for a generation......politicians better sort there shit out before marching season......couple of youths rioting....few stabbing's and it all kicks off.....

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

But it's Irish people we're talking about here wilf nothing is ever that simple. You are merely a visitor here that decided to stay a while, you'll never fully understand how deeply engrained the bigotry and hatred is in a hell of a lot of people, some people don't need  much of an excuse to use violence.

My wife’s from Belfast ! 

If the certain class of  people in Ireland start petrol bombing Nail bombing shooting innocents , over an international border being erected on the border between two   Different countries as recognised by the international community , 

then quite frankly, you deserve what you will get 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

If the certain class of  people in Ireland start petrol bombing Nail bombing shooting innocents , over an international border being erected on the border between two   Different countries as recognised by the international community , 

This border business is like when your 15 year old girls makes a massive deal out of her favourites jeans not being washed.......its the end of the world........

except it isn’t......is it !

Grown ups realise you just put something else on to go and see your mates!

Drama queens.......UK, Brussels and Ireland governments .........f***ing drama queens brother.

like everything else in life, it will only be a problem if you make it a problem.

1 minute ago, WILF said:

This border business is like when your 15 year old girls makes a massive deal out of her favourites jeans not being washed.......its the end of the world........

except it isn’t......is it !

Grown ups realise you just put something else on to go and see your mates!

Drama queens.......UK, Brussels and Ireland governments .........f***ing drama queens brother.

like everything else in life, it will only be a problem if you make it a problem.

There's no educating ye on this.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, WILF said:

My wife’s from Belfast ! 

6 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I'm not condoning it, for from it. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, WILF said:

Not at all, I just don’t agree that it has to be a massive deal.

There's a saying that the devil is in the detail. Those proposing the split can't provide the detail on how this seamless friction less non existent border with no checks or star trek checks that aren't operating anywhere else and different standards on either side works............. That's a problem the rest of us aren't willing to solve at our expense. That's a big deal.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WILF said:

Not at all, I just don’t agree that it has to be a massive deal.

It's a bit like the ole injun on the reservation......white man take his land.....he smoke and drink and dream of the time he roamed the land freely hunting buffalo.....it's a big deal to him....white man think he should stay on reservation and be a good injun....thankful for what he got.....

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, VOON said:

It's a bit like the ole injun on the reservation......white man take his land.....he smoke and drink and dream of the time he roamed the land freely hunting buffalo.....it's a big deal to him....white man think he should stay on reservation and be a good injun....thankful for what he got.....

In a nutshell. Lol.

Now boys, I have sold kit to Cameroon, Kenya, Nigeria and a few other non EU places......I put it in a container and off it went, end of story including the “make it up as you go along” import tariffs from the African customs blokes on the quayside !!!

Thata exactly how hard it is to do business !

now, as far as border controls go......why do we need them on the island  of ireland again?......last time I looked, everyone was Irish !

evweything else can get checked at POE ports in the UK

thanks very much, problem solved, that will be 200 million Euros please Donald Trusk.

i take cheque or bank transfer ! 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2