LuckOrJudgement

Rabbit trapping/snaring

I have achallenging permission in North Essex near Sudbury . The owner wants rabbits cleared off it and I don't have the time to have a serious crack at it due to other commitments. I've tried live catch cage traps to no avail. Are there any snare/trap men or serious shootists that want a go? The owner will pay for good results.

On 11/18/2017 at 20:09, LuckOrJudgement said:

I have achallenging permission in North Essex near Sudbury . The owner wants rabbits cleared off it and I don't have the time to have a serious crack at it due to other commitments. I've tried live catch cage traps to no avail. Are there any snare/trap men or serious shootists that want a go? The owner will pay for good results.

how much land is there and what is it like , Terrain ,Footpaths etc.

Its about 2 acres comprising a small vineyard, some scrubby trees, a bit of lawn, a bit of long grass.

Surrounded by farmland, no proofing, no footpaths. The owners house is at the front of the property.

He  can only fence it then  , for every one that is caught another will replace it , the  house holder will have to approach  the land  owners to see if they can  be killed at  source

That was my gut feeling. If there was an actual warren on the permission itself, you could argue that eradicating that would have an impact, but there is no warren. 

Thanks for your interest. 

• Like 1

With so few rabbits about somebody must have  bitten your has hand  off for this and to be paid as well

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By cazadormad
      Red stag trophy hunt in the Bulgarian mountains during the rut season.
      Free dates - between 26th September - 10th October.
      For 1 or group of 2 hunters

Type of hunt - stalking during mornings and evenings.
      Height of the hunting area - between - 800 - 2100 meters, oak and pine tree forest.
      Recommended duration of the hunt - 3 or 4 days.

Daily rates - 150 Eur per hunter ( included - accommodation in single room; PH; 4x4 in the hunting area)
      Trophy fees:
      Red stag 7kg trophy - 2 100 Eur - bronze medal
      Red stag 7,5 kg trophy - 2 500 Eur 
      Red stag 8 kg trophy - 2 900 Eur - silver medal

email: cazahuntingbg@abv.bg
      web: www.cazahuntingbg.com

• By Stavross
      I may have a little opportunity for someone on my pheasant shoot in North Yorkshire, around the farm is a few rabbit sets and they are eating everything in the garden, I’ve been shooting a few but not really getting on top of them, I was thinking of taking someone to have a go ferreting it for me, I would want whoever came to be experienced and know what they are doing, I can’t say you will come away with a bag full but there is a few about and nobody else gets to go on this land, you would need your own gear as this is something I don’t do and I wouldn’t take more than two people with me, it would be in a couple of weeks and maybe on an evening. As I’m taking someone up to have a go shooting next week, if anyone is interested please get in touch and tell me a bit about yourself, please don’t be offended if you don’t get an invite, I would want to meet you before we had an outing 
      all the best
      stav
    • By bigbootsuk
      Hi Everyone
      Not sure if this is allowed if not please delete.
       If your looking do do some sea-fishing  form Hartlepool county durham my brother has a charter boat to carry up to 12. with all the latest fish finding technology ect. Very competitive prices. go out with the tide and return on it good day out. keep what you catch. message me for contact if interested.

Kind regards 
    • By born_wild
      What do you think about a trip of your lifetime, hunting and sightseeing old Europe with this old castle , churches and Dracula Places. We are inviting you to come to Romania.
      We are offering a special program designed for couples that include 3 days of wild boar hunting and sightseeing
      You can also visit Bucharest , the capital ,  with the Parliament building – second large building in the world after the Pentagon – other important places and also the old city with hundreds of history .!
      Moldavia with this monastery from 1300 or the center of Romania with the oldest citadel still leaving in this days , Sighisoara also  UNESCO patrimony
      We can visit Peles Castle or Dracula Castle in the Carpathian Mountains  J
      We can give you all the links by request and I will support you to convince your wife or girlfriend that Romania have a place on a Bucket List !
      We all know how important are the women in our life and how anxious to travel they are  !!!  and we all love to hunt ….so why don’t we do what we like and in the same time make them happy ?!  Bring them with you .

So speaking of the hunt what my proposal for you is  :
      1 hunter for 3 hunting days /4 nights 1300 EUR – first 2 wild boar are included.
      2days - hightseat hunts on feeding place and 1 day of driven hunt.
      1 day - The driven hunts in alpine forest and hills  have a special charm granted by the use of beeters and  dogs in every drive .

ADDITIONAL TROPHY PRICES
      Males with fangs from 12 cm. to 14 cm. 390 EUR
      Males with fangs from 14,01 cm. to 16 cm. 450 EUR
      Males with fangs from 16,01 cm. to 18 cm. 550 EUR
      Males with fangs from 18,01 cm. to 20 cm. 750 EUR
      Males with fangs longer than 20 cm. 800 EUR+
      Female over 100 kg   350 Euro
      Youths under 100 kg  200 Euro

PRICE INCLUDE

• Assistance at the airport on arrival and departure
      • All transfers in Romania
      • Hunt organizing
      • Accommodation in hunting lodge
      • Complete board, starting with dinner on the arrival day and ending with breakfast on the departure day
      • Professional hunting assistance
      • Daily transport in the hunting area
      • Preparation and conservation of the game
      • Hunting invitation in Romania
      • Interpreter during your whole stay
      • Alcoholic Drinks  , traditional strong drinks and wine on the house in moderation
      •  Estate and lodge exclusive to one group at the time with most hunts

The price excludes:
      • Transport to / from Romania
      • visiting program- this depends of the number of the days and hat you desire ; The program will be made together with client .
      • Firearms and cartridges
      • Trophy export
      •Daily hunt organize 100 Euro/ day/hunter
      •Temporary hunting permit 150 / Euro / trip
      •Hunting license  150 Euro / trip

Ing   Horia SANDU
      0040 728 899 185
      www.unforgettablehunting.ro
      email : unforgettablehunting@gmail.com
                 office@unforgettablehunting.ro

Come to hunt in Romania and visit and enjoy the true country!

]

• By Tom Robinson Sporting
      Heveningham Hall, Suffolk 

The Heveningham Hall Shoot is run over the three Estates of Heveningham Hall, Sibton Park and Cockfield Hall.

Under the direction of the 3rd Lord Huntingfield, Heveningham was one of the first Partridge shoots, recording some of the astonishing bags of the 19th Century. Frequent guests included the best shots of the day including Lord Walsingham, Lord de Grey and the Maharajah Duleep Singh, who along with Lord Huntingfield still hold some of the record bags for both driven and walked up game. 

Set in Capability Brown parkland and surrounded by over 5500 acres of rolling Suffolk countryside. Heveningham Hall is in the ideal location for an outstanding shoot providing exceptional sport, with driven game capable of testing the most accomplished gun. 

The day starts in the Courtyard at Heveningham Hall with coffee and bacon rolls, prior to leaving at 9 am for our first drive, on our gun bus, which will transport you throughout the day. After the first two drives we hold a mid morning break at the Temple or The Bridge with hot sausages, sausage rolls and minced pies washed down with coffee and slow gin. A two course lunch is held after a further two drives in the Tea Room after which we return to the field for a further two drives. At the end of the day we have tea and cake back at the Tea Room where you will meet The Game Keeper and receive a brace of oven ready birds.

You can Shoot up to 10 Guns in the field. 

Transportation and full hospitality provided. 

We can make arrangements for Guns, Cartridges and Loaders if needs be.

Heveningham offers days from 250 to 400 birds priced at £35.00 + VAT per bird.

Back to back days available.

Furthermore we can also offer our Guns overnight accommodation at Wilderness a unique collection of manors, farmhouses and country cottages surrounding Sibton Park.

Full teams only.

Please get in touch for availability,

Satellite navigation postcode: IP19 0PN
      www.tomrobinsonsporting.co.uk
      tomrobinsonsporting@gmail.com