Lucky Bred Pups

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you might know the sort of dog you want buddy, many do , watch a few videos will soon sort that out for anyone interested, getting one a different story altogether as your finding out, the next pup yo

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Phil Lloyd said:

:hmm:Never been 'into' all this sport business...

If my hunting dogs get onto a quarry,.whatever it might be, I want it dead, in the van,.on its way to a customer or our freezer,...belly up, finito...:yes:

That's the spirit brother 

3 hours ago, FUJI said:

I'm with Katchum,a coursing dog X lurcher offers far more in general to most folk than a purpose bred one trick pony..I'd prefer to own a one minute gung ho all or nothing attacker rather than see a five minute slog to run one into submission although each has its gains on different types of land which is quite obvious I'd of thought..not all dogs make the grade no matter how well bred they are & have been fed/entered to work,as for catching in the snow I'd rather do that than run them in July/August stubble bashing that's for sure..

Why don’t you keep them then instead you keep coursing dogs lol some man 

3 hours ago, FUJI said:

I'm with Katchum,a coursing dog X lurcher offers far more in general to most folk than a purpose bred one trick pony..I'd prefer to own a one minute gung ho all or nothing attacker rather than see a five minute slog to run one into submission although each has its gains on different types of land which is quite obvious I'd of thought..not all dogs make the grade no matter how well bred they are & have been fed/entered to work,as for catching in the snow I'd rather do that than run them in July/August stubble bashing that's for sure..

Do you not have dogs out of razor and romeo? And a stubble hare puts up a 10 times better run than one in a foot of snow

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, chrissi19 said:

Do you not have dogs out of razor and romeo? And a stubble hare puts up a 10 times better run than one in a foot of snow

Do you really think so ? I think running g them in snow or summer is a pretty Shan thing too do, I reckon however that hard ground in summer deffo wrecks em more than fresh snow no matter what your running , try running less hares but do it when grounds right for it 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, arcticgun said:

Do you really think so ? I think running g them in snow or summer is a pretty Shan thing too do, I reckon however that hard ground in summer deffo wrecks em more than fresh snow no matter what your running , try running less hares but do it when grounds right for it 

Did I say I ran hares in summer? I don't do either, I run when it's right to run I get little enjoyment out of running stubble hares September onwards i prefer december/january/february, not like youre twisting my words or anything ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is the first time I've been on the hunting life in about a year and it's only because of this specific topic, and I remember why I stopped coming on in the first place, too many people giving advice from behind a computer screen when they probably do very little hunting if any themselves, and that's a fact because I know of specific people on here that fit that category, I'll happily take advice from people that are out week in week out like myself but people that kill a couple of rabbits a season and come on here giving lads advice need to take a right good look at themselves ? my pup killed one this morning in cover but he should've killed more and when faced with a real hare he didn't impress me, he's injured himself on a bit of wire so he's currently on the couch recovering, but no matter what happens with this pup and the next one after this and so on at least im out there aiming for something and not sat in my house making excuses for average, the people that lie to themselves will never have a really good dog because they'll convince themselves their average ones are good enough, that doesn't do it for me if you're not going to try and succeed what's the point in taking part, pretty much all I've got to say on it ?

Edited by chrissi19
  • Like 1

Sounds to me like your chasing the holy Grail  well dont bother you will end up frustrated and have you have given up on the pup already what's to say the next one and the next and so on will be any better maybe your getting your ambitions mixed up with your and your pups  Capabilities just work on that and enjoy 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, blackmaggie said:

Sounds to me like your chasing the holy Grail  well dont bother you will end up frustrated and have you have given up on the pup already what's to say the next one and the next and so on will be any better maybe your getting your ambitions mixed up with your and your pups  Capabilities just work on that and enjoy 

Is the holy grail killing a hare in the winter lol 

• Like 2