Bedlington Cross Staff ?

hi all.

many years a go i read one of plummers books and he mentioned this cross. out of curiosity has anyone seen one and was they any good.

im not a huge fan of plummer but this cross has always stuck in my mindd and to be honest it does seem an interesting cross.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its already been done it's called a humpback whale.

why , why would you put something so alien into a bedlington , beddys have flat rib cages so they can get into tight place were as staffys have round barrel chests and have nothing in common with a be

I think strongstuff has got one

Posted Images

hi all.

many years a go i read one of plummers books and he mentioned this cross. out of curiosity has anyone seen one and was they any good.

im not a huge fan of plummer but this cross has always stuck in my mindd and to be honest it does seem an interesting cross.

Seen a couple at a show about 15ish years ago, ugly as f**k and marked up quite badly. That was the only time I've seen any. As '5 feet down' said' though, I don't know if they'd be any different to your normal terrier types, or what they were used on. But they were both smaller than what you'd expect

Can't see it bringing anything to the table a normal working bred terrier could do better!

What was the cross used for?

what i remember, they was popular in south wales many moons a go.i think they was used mainly for ratting.

• Like 1

why , why would you put something so alien into a bedlington , beddys have flat rib cages so they can get into tight place were as staffys have round barrel chests and have nothing in common with a bedlington cant see the point as ive said before if your dogs any good it doesn t need bull in it

• Like 5

Can't see it bringing anything to the table a normal working bred terrier could do better!

What was the cross used for?

what i remember, they was popular in south wales many moons a go.i think they was used mainly for ratting.

I'm from south wales and saw those dogs at a show in south wales. Did alot of ratting when I was younger, but never seen a beddy x staff ratting.

There's a picture of one on hunting dawg. With English bull and pattedale, in it

Not being picky here, well, sort of, but if there's english bull and patterdale in it it's not exactly a beddy x staff, even if there's beddy and staff in it. Bit like alot of lurcher lads that say they've got a bull x, then you ask how it's bred, then you get the rundown, 'sire was bull/grey x collie/grey dam was saluki/whippet/grey x bull/grey'. There's bull in there, but it aint a bull x.

But like boland said, it is an ugly little f****r lol :thumbs:.

• Like 3

There's a picture of one on hunting dawg. With English bull and pattedale, in it

Not being picky here, well, sort of, but if there's english bull and patterdale in it it's not exactly a beddy x staff, even if there's beddy and staff in it. Bit like alot of lurcher lads that say they've got a bull x, then you ask how it's bred, then you get the rundown, 'sire was bull/grey x collie/grey dam was saluki/whippet/grey x bull/grey'. There's bull in there, but it aint a bull x.

But like boland said, it is an ugly little f****r lol :thumbs:.

too true lol. And who's to say what it or its siblings would take after or if it all falls into place, the chances of it. Theoretical for some or as a thing to breed down through for some,