A More Stable Platform

I can see a use for that :yes:

It'll be interesting to see some longer range testing with it mate :thumbs:

Cheers Jon.

I've got a couple of hefty warrens that will see it used on and the woodies are about in better numbers over the last 2 weeks here so i might get some roost shooting done from them too ??

I'll look forward to those posts mate :thumbs:

Atb

• Like 2

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well here is a 45 yard group using the primos seated.I'm working my way up to whatever the gun will do with me behind it?? Ps The stray shot was me, I moved at the last second!

And this is the group. 10 shots in the bull and 3 in the corners.

After a bit of plinking the other night I was getting golf ball size groups with the from the primos at 40 yards so after a chat with a pal a ordered the primos 2 point rest for the sticks. These gr

Posted Images

Thank christ starting to need to take a pit pony for all the stuff i take now long gone are the days when it was just a gun and a pocketful of pellets

I thought exactly that earlier today.

When i was lad at my pals house going over the road to his uncles wood armed with .177 Diana's.....no scopes and a pocket of elay wasps and the thing is you could almost guarantee we would bag a couple rabbits or some woodies at dusk. Happy days

aye when i go lamping gun pellets and lamp and a spare gun and lamp , my mate needs a 4x4 takes gun, range finder night sight monocular box of blue gloves various boxes for rabbits etc

It can get as daft as carping if you let it?

Not taking anything away from you matt but you would have to be blind to not get groups like that using that rest , Sorry

I have to agree with you VM.

That's was the motive behind buying them.

I'm not a great Free hand shooter and I know it could seem lazy but when I'm hunting static, I'm trying to make everything as close to consistent as possible, especially as the woodies are showing now and they are like rocking horse shit!

Your spot on, they don't take any skill to use but it's the end result that's more important if I'm out hunting static???

I disagree with you Matt, you've still got to apply the marksmanship principles mate. Villamans full of shit!

The weapon still has to point naturally at the target without any undue pressure, the trigger needs to pulled deliberately and not snapped, the shot followed through and correct use of hold overs as well as judging distance and controlled breathing.

I'd expect comments his from the uneducated!

• Like 1

Not taking anything away from you matt but you would have to be blind to not get groups like that using that rest , Sorry

I have to agree with you VM.

That's was the motive behind buying them.

I'm not a great Free hand shooter and I know it could seem lazy but when I'm hunting static, I'm trying to make everything as close to consistent as possible, especially as the woodies are showing now and they are like rocking horse shit!

Your spot on, they don't take any skill to use but it's the end result that's more important if I'm out hunting static???

I disagree with you Matt, you've still got to apply the marksmanship principles mate. Villamans full of shit!

The weapon still has to point naturally at the target without any undue pressure, the trigger needs to pulled deliberately and not snapped, the shot followed through and correct use of hold overs as well as judging distance and controlled breathing.

I'd expect comments his from the uneducated!

Thanks Nelly.

You are exactly right about technique and I know where your coming from completely and its not much different than using a bipod on a pcp.

I think Mitch was trying to say that that's only what you would expect from that kind of rest at 30 yards as I'm pretty confident I could get very similar results off my knee sitting.

Hopefully it will come into it's own when I test it at 50 yards and get a nice 5p group......hopefully, because I can't do that off my knee I can tell you!! ???

• Like 1

nice diplomacy nelly :laugh:

my penny's worth is if your gonna static shoot or hide shoot why not maximise your bag and clean kill count,

if your siting it out and 50yrd shots are presenting them selves this setup is going to help without a doubt...

but no matter what you use the principles of air rifle hunting don't change!

I'm not a static fan, i like to keep moving.... think thats why i dropped fishing and got back into shooting!

i can't see me ever using the sticks in the field or buying the top rack but they are in the boot for night time farm work and i no longer feel i wasted my money!

if it works for you then fcuk what anyone else thinks :yes:

atb si

• Like 2

I lean with Nelly.

The only difference between the Primos and a solid base like a fence post, is that you can take your " fence post with you".

The rules of marksmanship still apply.

atb Mark

Well here is a 45 yard group using the primos seated.

I'm working my way up to whatever the gun will do with me behind it??

Ps

The stray shot was me, I moved at the last second!

post-94518-0-21174400-1492979602_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

can't argue with that matt :thumbs::thumbs:

are you still using the superdomes?!

I'm back on jsb Si.

I gave barrel a REALLY good pull through and the exacts came out on top. Not by much but I do like how hard the buggers hit?

• Like 1

You will convert that group now Matt.

Don't anyone be fooled, you still need to be able to shoot off a " portable fence post" :laugh:

post-85710-0-25102900-1492980510.jpg

Here`s a very unforgiving 40 year old .177 FWB Sport 124 (.177)

post-85710-0-81484000-1492980539.jpg

All the rules of marksmanship still apply.

atb Mark

• Like 1

You will convert that group now Matt.

Don't anyone be fooled, you still need to be able to shoot off a " portable fence post" :laugh:

attachicon.gifIMG_0410.JPG

Here`s a very unforgiving 40 year old .177 FWB Sport 124 (.177)

attachicon.gifIMG_0427.JPG

All the rules of marksmanship still apply.

atb Mark

That's a tasty head shot pal??

Ok guys please be patient with me as i'm new to the shooting so don't bite the head off me if I say some silly things here. I got myself a set of the primos sticks and found them difficult to shoot roosting pigeons as the air rifle had a tendency to come off the sticks if I was aiming at a step angle. To be honest I think i'd prefer to use a tree to support the rifle.

Coming to think of it Matt it was when I had a scope cam on trying to record some footage and I couldn't rest the butt of the rifle on my shoulder or it was breaking my neck to look at the screen and due to the angle I was shooting at the rifle was unsteady on the primos sticks.

I hope this makes sense.

• Like 1