In Need Of New Glass

I went to the indoor range tonight with the new guns. The Rapid and the Logan seem to shooting okay however they just aren't zeroing or holding zero very well at all.

I think both scopes have seen better days. I don't even know what is on the S16 as there isn't a make on it?

I know I need to try different scopes on them before jumping to conclusions about problems. Does anyone have a decent scope without any issues going cheap and I mean cheap as it is literally to check these guns?

Any advice would be great fellas. I know I haven't tried lots of different lead either but I don't think this is an issue at the moment as they are loading without any issues and not chewing any up. I've used AA Hunters and Exacts tonight

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great shout. Thought that myself. Happened to me before. Bort a rapid, me first one, twenty two...   "Yeah yeah, great rifle... sweet as a nut"   Me... "shoots great, legal and £650 yeah...?"  

I like the one on the far right   looks a cracking scope   but im out of funds lol   things all ways come up when im skint   get one bought nelly   in fact buy them all with your luck  

The AMX reticle is excellent   It's a fine reticle and has useful aim points without being cluttered.   My eyes are shit but, I get on really well with it.

Posted Images

The man has a rapid and a Logan but none can hold zero...

Might just be you Nel :D don't worry though mate... can't win um all :D

On a serious note. Maybe borrow someone's for 10 minutes. You'll soon know. I assume by the can't hold zero comment you mean the shots are scattered? Or you zero and go back a day or so later and it's off?

And may i add out to 35mtrs

ill lone you the one off the DS and i know there is nothing wrong with them im going to the range on sunday

with LH as he is shooting the pistols

and im off out tomorrow night if you want to tag along Elmer

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

The man has a rapid and a Logan but none can hold zero...

Might just be you Nel :D don't worry though mate... can't win um all :D

On a serious note. Maybe borrow someone's for 10 minutes. You'll soon know. I assume by the can't hold zero comment you mean the shots are scattered? Or you zero and go back a day or so later and it's off?

Scattered shots Rez,

And may i add out to 35mtrs

ill lone you the one off the DS and i know there is nothing wrong with them im going to the range on sunday

with LH as he is shooting the pistols

and im off out tomorrow night if you want to tag along Elmer

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Cheers Jimmy definitely up for Saturday and I also think I'm off on Sunday. The Rapid isn't that bad but it's not grouping as well as I can shoot, not being big headed by the way. The Logan isn't grouping at all but I'm thinking it's the scope. The mounts are like nothing I've seen before and the scope is not good at all IMO

Hawke panorama 60 quid and postage. I'm not too bothered for selling it so if you decide you didn't want it I would be happy to refund your money on return of scope.

Thanks for the offer mate but it's more than I wanted to pay at the moment, cheers anyway buddy

I know Jimmy's sights are spot on on the Merlyn so that will put my mind at rest

• Like 1

Hawke panorama 60 quid and postage. I'm not too bothered for selling it so if you decide you didn't want it I would be happy to refund your money on return of scope.

Thanks for the offer mate but it's more than I wanted to pay at the moment, cheers anyway buddy

I know Jimmy's sights are spot on on the Merlyn so that will put my mind at rest

Process of elimination mate..if jimmy is kind enough to do that.. it gets the glass ruled out ?
  • Like 2

May be stupid but not running over the UK limit?

Great shout. Thought that myself. Happened to me before. Bort a rapid, me first one, twenty two...

"Yeah yeah, great rifle... sweet as a nut"

Me... "shoots great, legal and £650 yeah...?"

Him... "yeah"

Me... wet behind the ears.

Get it home, won't really group.

25 FPE :D get rid.

Lesson learnt.

• Like 3

I don't think so EH, the stock hasn't been altered at the rear so I'm thinking not. I actually thought it was a tad underpowered but that's just me. Jimmy normally keeps me straight with stuff like that and when he shot it he didn't say anything.

• Like 1

Great shout. Thought that myself. Happened to me before. Bort a rapid, me first one, twenty two...

"Yeah yeah, great rifle... sweet as a nut"

Me... "shoots great, legal and £650 yeah...?"

Him... "yeah"

Me... wet behind the ears.

Get it home, won't really group.

25 FPE :D get rid.

Lesson learnt.

I bought it from Jimmy's local RFD in Blythe and apparently it was the owners own rifle?

Out of the two the Rapid is grouping more consistent, however if I put it down pick it up again 20 minutes later it's slightly off again. That's why I'm thinking scope issue