Looking For A Patterdale Stud Dog

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And some only do it on the internet.

Hi Patricia I've a good dog that I'm looking to get a pup out of to a good bitch . I'm looking for 1. A bitch of 5 to 6 years old 2. Must've been dug to at least over 100 times successfully . I

She'll find it hard to get a shag in the digging section its full of women everytime I click in it I get the smell of perfume and used tampons

Posted Images

In some places you could dig a dog 100 times and it wont havto do more than an hour on any dig. In other places an average dig could mean the dog being to ground 2-4 hrs. Which one is most tested?

IMO it's not the time there in it's the pressure there getting at the time . That's where the dogs tested .

Haha, something like that Serious Hunter.
Answering your question: my bitch is 7, so it's the last bell if we want to mate her.
She wasn't used for hunting, but we went for hunting trainings with her (tracking, work on wild boar on a yard, work in a den). She proved to have a strong instinct and "work" well.
If we will be mating her and we have a choice, we want best working dog we can find, fresh blood which is hard to find in continental Europe nowdays.
We want pups to be used by hunters with success.

I think time is everything HPR.

What's getting tested more a dog meeting a tough customer in sand at 2 ft or a dog meeting a tough customer at 6 ft deep in hard clay? They're both meeting difficult opposition but the second is going to havto keep it up for a hell of a lot longer.

Time is not everything.

I have seen out + out bayers stay for hours on end when the quarry just sits there.

Those same out + out bayers could not dig quarry that did not want to be dug. :angel:

Not about the earth , its about what is in it. :yes:

• Like 3

I think time is everything HPR.

What's getting tested more a dog meeting a tough customer in sand at 2 ft or a dog meeting a tough customer at 6 ft deep in hard clay? They're both meeting difficult opposition but the second is going to havto keep it up for a hell of a lot longer.

Not if quarry sat back doing nothing mate

What I'm saying is ive done deep digs and yes the dogs stayed there steady away then the last two foot the pressures on . The dogs come out with not much on him . Then I've done digs say 4 foot that's been pressure from start to finish . The dogs had to work twice as hard in the small dig than the big dig . And it's also happened vice versa . So I don't think you can go on time or depth . I think it's how long the pressures on test a dog . This is just my opinion .

Damn, I have to wait for the moderator to approve my response, but in the meantime I have a lot of fun reading all answers.
Ps. For those who don't have dead eyes, my login is not Patricia, but PATTricia, just a login...or for others: a person who wants to hide her real name and identity in fear of being found out! :tongue2: but I bet it's not the biggest problem here.

Answering your question: my bitch is 7, so it's the last bell if we want to mate her.

She wasn't used for hunting, but we went for hunting trainings with her (tracking, work on wild boar on a yard, work in a den). She proved to have a strong instinct and "work" well.

If we will be mating her and we have a choice, we want best working dog we can find, fresh blood which is hard to find in continental Europe nowdays.

will the pups have a price tag ?

Why would seven be the last chance at breeding, my bitch is twelve and she's as full as a butcher's dog

• Like 2