Purebred Saluki For Day And Night?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

they are bred too catch in the daytime and top end quarry, so yea I reckon they will be able to catch on the beam, when the dice is slightly more loaded in there favour, stands too reason surely? like

no it cant be said, cos in reality theres always gunna be some pups no matter how well bred and reared that are simply gunna fail, but that's in all breeds innit, but given the right dog the right man

Note the words "in the mix"......

Are salukis any good for day and night work or are you better off with a x?

An hunting mucker of mine was Saluki kennel blind,he travelled the country back in the early 80,s and owned more than his fair share of pures.He was a good man with a lurcher and owned,trained and hunted with many a good-un over the years.He put all he knew into his pures and never owned one that was half the dog of his mongrel bred lurchers.

An hunting mucker of mine was Saluki kennel blind,he travelled the country back in the early 80,s and owned more than his fair share of pures.He was a good man with a lurcher and owned,trained and hunted with many a good-un over the years.He put all he knew into his pures and never owned one that was half the dog of his mongrel bred lurchers.
Paul sagar ?

i never seen a good saluki that couldnt do more than a lurcher strange isnt it?: I would question how good a stockman your mucker was ?. Most lurchers and coursers have saluki in the mix speaks for itself I think. As for kennel blind i n my experience most in the dog game are just blind.

Edited by desertbred

i never seen a good saluki that couldnt do more than a lurcher strange isnt it?: I would question how good a stockman your mucker was ?. Most lurchers and coursers have saluki in the mix speaks for itself I think. As for kennel blind i n my experience most in the dog game are just blind.

• Like 1

they are bred too catch in the daytime and top end quarry, so yea I reckon they will be able to catch on the beam, when the dice is slightly more loaded in there favour, stands too reason surely? like most other types of pure bred or lurcher some will be better than others at it, its more a question of can the man on the end of the leash get them too do it

• Like 3

You havent got a dog so is your input valid ?"in the mix" means to improve THEIR stock to any dog man, its certainly not to improve the saluki is it? You really are something else LOL

Edited by desertbred

they are bred too catch in the daytime and top end quarry, so yea I reckon they will be able to catch on the beam, when the dice is slightly more loaded in there favour, stands too reason surely? like most other types of pure bred or lurcher some will be better than others at it, its more a question of can the man on the end of the leash get them too do it

Spot on assesment

Im by no means sayin salukis cant lamp, as iv hever seen a pure run on lamp. I seen a few coursing dogs on lamp tho an some were real good but some were shite. Can you saluki lads that say its down to owner tell me how ye dan make a dog catch quicker on lamp??

Your a lamper its not making a dog quicker on the lamp.its getting a dog to follow the beam as it learns its craft once the dog knows the basics some even run outside the beam dont they? Most Lads cant even get a saluki to come back to them never mind teach them any work. I dont lamp myself but a lot of lads I know lamp pures and lurchers never heard them say salukis cant do this or not as good as lurchers these are old school lads with plenty of years behind them on all sorts of stuff.

Edited by desertbred

You havent got a dog so is your input valid ?"in the mix" means to improve THEIR stock to any dog man, its certainly not to improve the saluki is it? You really are something else LOL

You have shit dogs so is yours valid?

You are a numpty of the first order, the Greyhound is in the mix with the majority of Lurchers, does that make it superior? Does it fcuk!