Tv Licence

Just got a letter informing us we don't have one. My plan was to stop buying one in protest.

Problem is I live in a bungalow and you can see the TV's through the windows and I can't move em...

What are my rights?

Because people admit they were watching it or get tricked into signing the forum on the doorstep by the gobshites that come round,couple year ago they reckoned they were going to visit us and the letter was addressed from Worcester way,would love for them to drive all that way to be told to feck off lol

• Like 1

I haven't even got a tv ,got rid of it years ago as I would rather sit and watch a tree or walk the dogs ,I still get letters every week even tho I let the last 2 plums that turned up seen there was no tv ,as long as your not watching live tv your ok ,you could of had a dvd on ,do not let them in even if there at your door ,tell them to fu.k off ,,the letters just rip up in put them in the bin atb bobza

• Like 2

As FOD said revoke their implied right to access, just address it as the present occupier, never use your name. If they come snooping after revoking their right to access them they're trespassing as soon as they come through your gate. They'll throw all the usual threats about but just ignore them.

• Like 1

i'm sure some of the armchair lawyers on youtube get away with it, but it's an awful lot of f***ing about and wondering who's knocking at your door to save a few quid IMO.

No fecking about involved just tell them to do one, them enforcement officers got about the same power as a Jehovah's Witness.
  • Like 2

i'm sure some of the armchair lawyers on youtube get away with it, but it's an awful lot of f***ing about and wondering who's knocking at your door to save a few quid IMO.

That's the way I see it too, for the sake of 3-4 quid a week I can't be bothered with the aggro

Google it, I think you don't need one if you don't watch ,record,etc BBC programs that are live.I think you can watch it on catch up but they are going to close that loop hole soon. Always check.

Is £145 a year worth the chance of a fine.?

After January this year you had to have licence to watch iplayer and watch it on any device like pc ,smart phone or tablet.