Working Bedlington

I know this has been asked before but does anyone have any idea where to locate a line of or a person with real working bedlington terriers. Pms if you prefer. Cheers.

Ill give you the answer i keep repeating,be careful,believe nowt,do your homework,insist on seeing the parents graft-thats a difficult one as nobody wants a stranger at heel,then be willing to wait for the right litter.For every 100 litters of Beddies bred about 1% are bred from honest grafters in honest kennels.Once you have owned a decent Beddy you will always have at least 1 in the kennel,until then source a Fell and get your percentage factor up to about 30%.

Not sure what's harder to find a decent grafting beddy pup or a decent grafting beddy home to put the pups in

and they rarely click at the same time ,you can have lads begging you for one you breed a litter and things have changed or they have been and got a black dog

Trouble is people with these breeds won't let them go so they will end up in the history books because there's not enough about

thats what am saying if your not in there click your not getting a beddy pup from the good stuff but I get why the lads with the digging stuff keep em close

Trouble is people with these breeds won't let them go so they will end up in the history books because there's not enough about

thats what am saying if your not in there click your not getting a beddy pup from the good stuff but I get why the lads with the digging stuff keep em close

I can understand why they keep them close as well but for the sake of the breed some puppies should be given or sold up to the breeder to someone outside of the circle every now and then otherwise the breed is doomed

Iv gifted ever pup front two litters I kept one from first litter the second was a Faver to a good mate of mine he kept one I place one dog pup with a mate and just had it back aged 17 months ready to start doing things with . All spare pups wentry to people I don't know working kennels is all ask for were the dog will be treated fairly with plenty of time to develop as some a frustratingly slow and give every chance to work and if it doesn't make the grade it's to be pet home'd or PTS as it's not fair to a animal being past pillar to post ATB Rt

• Like 1

Well said Rt.

There are decent pups given to outside kennels but finding the genuine lads is a lot harder than you think, in some cases they would have a better life in a pet home but would be waisted and never get the chance to do what they were bred to do!

The litter of 5 I bred 2 & half years ago I kept 2 & the owner of sire 2 & the spare pup went to a mooching home where he seen good amount, then he come back for stupid reason and bloody glad he did as he's turning out to be decent animal so far!

• Like 2

I would say that the Bedlington ,rather than needing to be spread about ,needs to stay within the groups that have this breeds future at heart ,those that WANT to see it work to the highest grade not just scrape by .Those lads know who they are and know who to trust .If a Bedlington is what you want ,really want then get to know the lads that have them ,work hard and earn their respect .Too many men want instant results without the graft ,graft that earns respect and the offer of a pup .

• Like 8

Id breed out of two bitches this year if it would serve the purpose of putting pups in genuine kennels,thats possibly why at least 1 bitch will never see a litter and the other will rear a litter of 2.

• Like 1