Sign in to follow this  
rickysdaystate

Bushcraft Knife

Lot's of folks lately making knives, does buying a blank, and attaching a handle define making a knife? Still looks decent enough

Nice for a first knife that. It would be good to get more folks having a go and posting up their pics.

Lot's of folks lately making knives, does buying a blank, and attaching a handle define making a knife? Still looks decent enough

no it doesnt define making a knife it defines putting a handle on someoneelses work :thumbs:

• Like 1

Not clear if it was a blank Ricky used or not. "It's from 4mm o1 tool steel, cheap and widely available"

If so a blank is a good way to get a taste for knife making so not to be discouraged. After all a lot of production knife makers revert to laser/ water cut blanks all be it to their own design. ;)

Griff

• Like 1

Id love to have ago, i think im part magpie as if its shiney it catches me eye an if its sharp then it gets my attention, nowhere to use as as a work shop and no whete hear the tools needed or money to justify buying them, one day tho haha my lad has got a wee antler off a roe here tho an really wants it as a knife handle so i may try that at sone point haha

• Like 1

Id love to have ago, i think im part magpie as if its shiney it catches me eye an if its sharp then it gets my attention, nowhere to use as as a work shop and no whete hear the tools needed or money to justify buying them, one day tho haha my lad has got a wee antler off a roe here tho an really wants it as a knife handle so i may try that at sone point haha

Give it a go W.K if you search around on the Google-net you can pick of a fairly cheap 01 blank ...plenty on Hennie https://www.heinnie.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=blank

You end up with a decent blade for not much cash, a lot of time & satisfaction.

Griff

• Like 1

tell the truth your just tight arse :laugh:

• Like 1