Sign in to follow this  
the trunk

Muntjac Deer Northern Ireland

I have been told by a few people they think they have seen them in the north but no one has been sure or have any pictures . couple of days ago something caught my eye i got out an there it was a yound muntjac i asume has any one else seen them in the north av been looking last few years for them

post-15090-0-11252600-1464876982_thumb.jpg

post-15090-0-43947000-1464876996_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

100% munty they will be afew more kicking about if there's young trunk

• Like 1

One day you won't be able to as much as walk the dogs without putting a dozen up!! Noisy b*****ds bug me no end lol

hasnt been many sightens of them just hear say so i didnt beleave it now i do also joined a facebook page an there in mountstewart over here so not be long what ways does it work can you shoot them or what? there not ament to be here so just asking ?

Shot them mate I don't think there's a season for them eather and sure they breed all year round but will stand corrected :thumbs:

• Like 3

5 or 6 years ago the Irish government funded a survey on Munties in a part of Leinster with a cull planned on exterminating them.

Those who carried out the cull told the Govt. not to bother as they were too well established.

• Like 1

Met this lad last year while hunting foxes. Forgive my ignorance as i havnt a clue what type he is

post-102891-0-59440600-1465119704_thumb.jpg

Saw a small deer out lamping in cork couple years ago,presumed it was a sika fawn but it ran as good as a hare,are muntjac good to run?

Saw a small deer out lamping in cork couple years ago,presumed it was a sika fawn but it ran as good as a hare,are muntjac good to run?

i heard they are like courseing a hare mate

Met this lad last year while hunting foxes. Forgive my ignorance as i havnt a clue what type he is

Edible type,lol.

• Like 2

i heard they are like courseing a hare mate

I think perhaps you are thinking of Chinese Water Deer. The Muntjac is never far from thorny cover and when he is he makes every effort to get back into it.

• Like 1