Angry Bitch.

Now lads. I've got a saluki bitch shes 8 months, lovely natured around humans and dogs she knows. But when it comes to new dogs she literally goes wild. It doesn't matter the size or shape of the other dog she just lunges for them. It's kind of hit me for 6 as all my dogs in the past and present dogs have never even had an issue like this.

When she does eventual 'warm' to a new dog she tries to be dominant over them and 9/10 they give her a little nip. Any advice for me would be much appreciated. Cheers.

• Like 1

Just get her around as many dogs as possible,it's a good time now with all the shows and summer .

Mine was the same and it took a while ,getting out and about .

It can be stressful for some young dogs ,meeting new dogs as they 1/2 expect them to attack them ,especially if they've been around sharp dogs,so she's probably striking first. So the more friendly dogs she sees the better

nip it in the bud now, it dont matter the x or age of any lurcher, you got let it know your the boss, and you (wont) tolerate it. when it goes for another dog give it a smack with a firm NO. take it to see as many dogs as possible , as roy says this year , and if it starts do as i say, it will soon learn :yes:

Was going to say be firm but no need for laying your hands on her ,she'll become more difficult ,praise reassurance,and getting them used to strange situations,is best as dog aggression in pups can be fear.

control the situation dominate it but one thing i say you start knocking a saluki about good luck when you want it to retrieve or even recall. there really not the dog to go heavy handed with lol

Kick the shit out of mine on a daily basis :laugh:

Sorry that was meant to say 'I want to'

• Like 3