Drink Driving...

Somebody close to me got caught drink driving last weekend, the person has admitted they were driving so they basically are guilty as sin.

My question is would you advise them getting a solicitor? I know it's reassuring having one but if pleading guilty is this necessary as the person isn't exactly financially stable.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What ever he gets he deserves stupid cnut could of killed someone

they should just make the the limit zero no room for error or confusion then.

The one time it would of been actually useful to have height+weight in one of birds posts

Always have a solicitor present.......courts see it as arrogant not to and often serve out the most severe sentance possible when theres no brief there to contest it.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2

Always have a solicitor present.......courts see it as arrogant not to and often serve out the most severe sentance possible when theres no brief there to contest it.

Must be where I've been going wrong all this time hahaha.

By the way the person blew 62mg, just under twice over the limit. Anybody on here got experience with drink driving?

My brother got an 18 month ban and if I remember right a £1000 or £600 fine can't fully remember. But he deserved it and so does everyone else and the tw@ts who use a phone while driving.

He also did a course witch halved his ban.

• Like 1

Just tell whoever it is to attend court and plead poverty, hence the lack of representation, put in an early admission of guilt hold their hands up to being stupid and throw themselves at the courts mercy………… 18 month ban £500 fine, and thats getting of light for being a stupid cnut

• Like 1

By the way the person blew 62mg, just under twice over the limit. Anybody on here got experience with drink driving?

My brother got an 18 month ban and if I remember right a £1000 or £600 fine can't fully remember. But he deserved it and so does everyone else and the tw@ts who use a phone while driving.

Can you remember what he blew? I think he dropped on there tbh.

No need for a solicitor, there getting banned and fined anyway why add to the costs.

But can't they help with getting a shorter ban and such? Just don't want to be spending lots of money on a pointless exercise.

You mean the person you know doesn't want to be spending lots of money? Lol.

My sister got 14 month ban and £200 fine. Reduced to 11 months for doing a course which cost £170.

So £370 in total and 11 month ban for blowing 52 on the breathalyser.

Edited after speaking to her. I thought it was £600 fine.

• Like 1

Every time I have been guilty of a crime I just put my hands up.saves alot of time and bother and I think the judge respects that..plus you tend to get out the cells faster lol..

• Like 2

No need for a solicitor, there getting banned and fined anyway why add to the costs.

But can't they help with getting a shorter ban and such? Just don't want to be spending lots of money on a pointless exercise.

You mean the person you know doesn't want to be spending lots of money? Lol.

My sister got 14 month ban and £200 fine. Reduced to 11 months for doing a course which cost £170.

So £370 in total and 11 month ban for blowing 52 on the breathalyser.

Edited after speaking to her. I thought it was £600 fine.

whats the legal limit then,? 1 pint i norm just have 1 pint or couple shandies .