Bisley Magnums

After doing a bit too much reading and research i wanted to have a try of jsb exact heavys so off i trot to my gunshop and they dont stock them?.....but they had bis mags in stock. 10.5grn i think?

My apologies in advance about the homemade targets as im out of ready mades.

The centre is about 2/3 the size of a 5p.

This very amateur experiment was only about accuracy against jsb exact 8.44 grn and the bisley mags 10.5, both 4.52mm.

5 shots each at 25 yrds but what interested me was the flyer from the bisleys....i have never had a flyer like that from jsbs. Are they anybodys hunting pellet of choice in a pcp?

Many thanks.

Matt

post-94518-0-89566500-1455206589_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I use bis mags in my 100. Get very tight groups with them. Pretty much pellet on pellet. Never had flyers myself,unless I've pulled the shot.

I use exacts in my r10 had great results but found the last few tins they had a lot of damaged skirts. Other than the damage ones they are great .

Atvb

I use bis mags in my 100. Get very tight groups with them. Pretty much pellet on pellet. Never had flyers myself,unless I've pulled the shot.

I use exacts in my r10 had great results but found the last few tins they had a lot of damaged skirts. Other than the damage ones they are great .

Atvb

Yes i was surprised how good the pellets looked compared to jsbs. I hope they perform as well out to 40 yards.

They do for me. Really good out at nearly 50 to be fair. I've never tried washing any bis mags I did with the jsbs it did make a little difference. Actually you've got me thinking, I'll wash them and get back to you if there is any difference.

Atvb

• Like 1

Ive never been a big fan of magnums, right old school pellets. They must be doing the job mind, been around longer than me. A few of my FAC buddies swear by them, a 40ft/lb rapid will put them through an inch of board at 50yards.

Not much gets up after being hit. Come to think of it, Im not sure he knows what wounding means...

Ive never been a big fan of magnums, right old school pellets. They must be doing the job mind, been around longer than me. A few of my FAC buddies swear by them, a 40ft/lb rapid will put them through an inch of board at 50yards.

Not much gets up after being hit. Come to think of it, Im not sure he knows what wounding means...

What would that 1 inch board be made of, 100ft lb .22lr will struggle to go through 1 inch of "decent" wood at 50 yards!

Bisley mags are a bench mark pellet imo even sub 12 there very effective and consistently accurate as long as your not pushing the distance ...I've always rated them.

Edited by kanny
  • Like 3

What would that 1 inch board be made of, 100ft lb .22lr will struggle to go through 1 inch of "decent" wood at 50 yards!

Ahhh deker, nips in as per and asks a serious question. Chip board.

• Like 1

Iv seen them go through ply wood at a lot less lbs than that

but what do i know you have all the answers

mac

mac

:D

mac

It was a valid question, you air gun boys seem to think your air rifles possess magical properties very often, I have 12 ft lb and FAC air, and a whole load of other rifles, and yes, I have most of the answers, thats what happens over the years.

Fact is a 40 ft lb will NOT go through 1 inch of any decent wood at 50 yards. Rotten chipboard, dodgy ply, wet hardboard, plasterboard, whatever you like has a chance, but saying 40ft/lb rapid will put them through an inch of board at 50yards, is meaningless.

Just stick with the power figures, that's far more useful than any suggested penetration through a substance of unknown strength/integrity.

No doubt some will go through this as well, its only 0.5" (12mm) steel.

post-10759-0-40861800-1455276836_thumb.jpg

Have a nice day!

Edited by Deker
  • Like 3