I'm using tracker at the moment lurcher seems fine had it on racer but dog had the runs but maybe hadn't got it on the racer long enough to see if it was continuing to do so just had an interest in wat the gain 20 was like don't wana be changing meal all time

If running dogs are in off season or laid up due to injury imo if feeding dry feed use feed with low protein content.ie 16/17 percent and back on over 20 percent when working. I keep terriers on 17 percent all year round and they do very well. I know raw meat diet is best but its not practible for everyone.

• Like 1

Spot on mate, may I ask what feed you use shovel?[/quote

Few months back I changed to countrymans muslie 18. It's 18 percent protein. Made by Red mills. Says it Has flaked Maize and fish oils in it. I feed it dry or sometimes mix some hot water tru it. Dogs are doing very well on it and good solid stools so easy enough to clean up.

I try and feed as much meat as I can which in the winter is mainly rabbits, I do give them some

dry food in the morning and meat at night, at the moment the dry is Autarky adult salmon. Happy with results as she looks okay and is running well.

post-5755-0-11539000-1449096952_thumb.jpg

Must add that even during the summer months I would never feed as low as 17/18% protein, would be looking to have them on 20% or slightly above.

• Like 1

I feed about 350-400 grams of meat mixed with carbs in the form of barley pasta rice bread n topped up with biscuits of which Iv been using markus muhle with fruit veg n yogurt mixed in 3 times a week and heart and liver added twice a week with bones as in chicken carcass-wings but usually lamb ribs twice a week or whole carcass, I always add fat in winter, if they've had a big shift I give a mix of milk water n glucose just stick in a protein shaker before I set off n give it a shake along with a Banana with something like a couple of chicken wings, liver or a tin of sardines back at the van then give there usual meal about 3 hours later depending on were I am I more often soak the food prior aswell especially before and after working, this works well for me after trying allsorts over the years...I did have one dog tho that did better on a basic diet such as a low protein biscuit as in gain 20 mixed with not to much meat and a few carbs added or even part gain 20 part bread nuggets with meat had to keep the protein quite low for him even when working, there all different just have to play about abit to find what suits the individual dog I think..

Edited by dodger
  • Like 3