Mayweather Vs Pacquiao

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My 13 year old son is a boxer and got an invite to the Wildcard whilst in the USA and Freddie Roach made him welcome and made a fuss of him. When he was wrapping my sons hands he was wanted to do a ra

Mayweather done Nothink but run away that's not boxin shit fight

I dont understand why people find it so boring. I could watch a 20 round fight like that as i can appreciate what it takes to pull it off. Class act and a brilliant performance imo.

Fight of the century? That's a massive overstatement IMO. I really do fancy Manny, he will overwhelm Mayweather with his power and punch output.

Personally i think outside the heavyweight division its probably the biggest fight in history.....i dont think we,ll ever again see fights of such political and historic importance as Louis/Schmaeling or Ali/Frazier etc....................Mayweather/Pacquiao will obviously be the richest fight in history by far but forgetting money i cant remember an era where the 2 most dominant and celebrated fighters of their generation met ?

• Like 1

Fight of the century? That's a massive overstatement IMO. I really do fancy Manny, he will overwhelm Mayweather with his power and punch output.

Personally i think outside the heavyweight division its probably the biggest fight in history.....i dont think we,ll ever again see fights of such political and historic importance as Louis/Schmaeling or Ali/Frazier etc....................Mayweather/Pacquiao will obviously be the richest fight in history by far but forgetting money i cant remember an era where the 2 most dominant and celebrated fighters of their generation met ?

I'd say Duran/Leonard, Hearns/Leonard and Hagler/Hearns were bigger fights than this tbh??

I'd say Duran/Leonard, Hearns/Leonard and Hagler/Hearns were bigger fights than this tbh??

Id say possibly only Hagler v Leonard was on par but even then Leonard hadnt been in the sport for 4 or 5 years previous.....and maybe only Leonard was a true worldwide sporting icon at that time.....and lets keep it real if Hagler/Hearns or Leonard/Duran etc etc had not of been great fights we wouldnt even be talking about them......for example nobody remembers the third Leonard/Duran fight do they.

Mayweather/Pacquiao are by far the biggest names in the sport and for that reason i cant think of one bigger......that said i dont think it will be a patch on the fights you mention.

Id say possibly only Hagler v Leonard was on par but even then Leonard hadnt been in the sport for 4 or 5 years previous.....and maybe only Leonard was a true worldwide sporting icon at that time.....and lets keep it real if Hagler/Hearns or Leonard/Duran etc etc had not of been great fights we wouldnt even be talking about them......for example nobody remembers the third Leonard/Duran fight do they.

Mayweather/Pacquiao are by far the biggest names in the sport and for that reason i cant think of one bigger......that said i dont think it will be a patch on the fights you mention.

Leonard/Duran was massive at the time, the Lightweight king stepping up to face the undefeated Welterweight and Olympic star Leonard. The same goes for Hearns/ Hagler, Hearns had just pulverised the tough as granite Duran, the anticipation was huge. Can't wait for the fight, I dislike Mayweather for the way he try's to control every aspect of a fight, I hope Manny does a number on him and I think he will.

I understand what your saying but back then you had the likes of Hagler,Leonard,Hearns,Duran,Chavez,Holmes,Gomez,Tyson later on......they were all as big names as each other so none of them really dominated the era....in this generation Mayweather and Pacquiao are the shining lights in the sport.

Same here im realling looking forward to it and hope Pacquiao can come out victorious.....i dont think he will though......i was having a discussion with a few lads the other day see what you think.....who would you have fancied in a fight between Mayweather and Ray Leonard at Welterweight ?

Edited by gnasher16

I understand what your saying but back then you had the likes of Hagler,Leonard,Hearns,Duran,Chavez,Holmes,Gomez,Tyson later on......they were all as big names as each other so none of them really dominated the era....in this generation Mayweather and Pacquiao are the shining lights in the sport.

Same here im realling looking forward to it and hope Pacquiao can come out victorious.....i dont think he will though......i was having a discussion with a few lads the other day see what you think.....who would you have fancied in a fight between Mayweather and Ray Leonard at Welterweight ?

I think Leonard would stop Mayweather just like he did his father, Leonard could punch as well as be slick. IMO Hearns puts him to sleep early on too, what's your opinion?

I think Leonard would stop Mayweather just like he did his father, Leonard could punch as well as be slick. IMO Hearns puts him to sleep early on too, what's your opinion?

now that would of been hell of a scrap, I reckon Leonard would of won me self. as he naturally bigger boxer and as you say punch his weight no prob, think he knock maywether out. but back to this fight above mayweather will knock out pacquiao , pity it wasn't 5 years earlier , but even then I think mayweather would have won then. gnash prob give different opinion lol, but he knows his boxings / bulldogs inside/out :thumbs::yes:

I just couldnt make my mind up but on thinking about it over the last few days i think you are probably right Leonard was one of the best finishers in the game,its just whether he could get through Mayweathers defence but i think his footwork would of caught up with Mayweather and got him out late.......The ol man or Roger werent anywhere near the same league as Floyd remember... and i couldnt agree about Hearns not at welterweight.

I agree with you on your first 2 points Bird :thumbs: ....not sure about the last point though :D

Read a great interview with Marvin Hagler in one of the papers at work today...he hits the nail on the head for me saying Mayweathers all about the ego and the money...also see a good interview with Teddy Atlas...whos opinion on boxing i greatly respect...saying Golovkin is the man to beat Mayweather...if a match could be made at catchweight..(dont know how to do a link)...as i said earlier in the thread i think it will be Mayweather close on points...just hope Pacman (still cannot spell his name!) puts him on his arse in the early rounds and it turns into a classic tear up...im not much of a Mayweather fan to be honest...the lads on site are all talking about this fight...but mention a fighter like Golovkin and they look at you clueless and vacant...which pretty much sums it up for me to be honest...as Marvin says...ego and money

Just spent the last 10 minutes looking for that interview with no joy.....of all those yank boxing pundits and analysts Atlas probably speaks more sense than most so id like to of seen that.......ive always got the feeling Hagler is very bitter about boxing today i think he rightly believes he never got the credit he deserved and the fact Leonard pretty much took a giant shit on the end of his career left him a bit twisted.

Golovkin would be too much for Mayweather in my opinion its easy to forget that while Pacquiao has moved through the weights from Flyweight up......Mayweather also started out as a flyweight.....i dont know what weight Golovkin walks around at but his style alone is all wrong for Mayweather,the extra size/power i think would tell.

Edited by gnasher16

Put Teddy Atlas on Galovkin into youtube....Atlas really does speak a lot of sense...but Galovkin has already said he only wants to go up in weight...and i cant see it as a fight Mayweather would fancy...heard a good story about Atlas..(theres many the mans a headcase) that when he was training Chris Reid at the Thomas a Becket he chinned a bouncer who worked the door there when he got locked out...the doormen refused to come back the next night and Atlas had to work the door himself