As I said on a previous thread. I'm off to the mountains for 4 days and wondered peoples opinions on feeding. Should I continue to feed his meat and veg diet or dry while there?

It's going to be hard going, the first peak we are doing is 2500 metres and then the whole trek is gonna be around 110-120km over the four days through real mountainous terrain.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to update I'm at the top of a mountain cooking my shit in an abandoned shack with a working fireplace and yes I have a spliff and a flask of bourbon:laugh:  

Couple from yesterday and today

Thanks Dodger and to all. We have just made it to the final train station before Barca but decided fuuck that walk ends here lol..... Besides I think the dog is broken!

Posted Images

I would keep him on what he's on. Maybe cook up a load of brown pasta or rice and put in a sealed tub. Should be good for 3/4 days and will be a good source of calories. Also take a couple of blocks of lard for extra fat and calories.

As said above dry food would be easier but dogs need lots of water when on dry.

Aye water is a bit of an issue on some parts of the trip.

I reckon I'll just add pasta to his food I'll take it dry and cook it up there. As for his food I'll just bag it up as opposed to hard tubs it should pack better but fuuck its gonna add at least 5kg to my backpack :laugh:

Gaz is that lard just the normal lard you would get from the shop mate?

Yes mate just the cheap blocks from supermarket.

The bottom if his bag will be like a deep fat fryer with the heat :laugh:

We use these little plastic tubs in stoke for stuff like that. Tupperware. Amazing what's out there ?