• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's whats wrong with this country now. You are so restricted in all respects regarding livestock. No pigeon lofts,kennels, stables, chicken runs nowt. Feel sorry for all the young'uns wanting to s

If I was closer I'd of held them for you, as long as it took. I've birds running about here anyway, makes no difference if there was few more.   Sorry vfr

I'm in lancs mate if you need pen space till your sorted give us a shout

That's whats wrong with this country now. You are so restricted in all respects regarding livestock. No pigeon lofts,kennels, stables, chicken runs nowt. Feel sorry for all the young'uns wanting to start off. Council assume everyone wants football and softplay and all that shit.All our culture and tradition being lost. Rant over!

• Like 5

Oh no! That is properly shite!

Ask at your local schools/colleges they often have a bit of ground going. Retirement homes too, the folk like to see a few birds about the place, The Church often have scraps around as well.

There is also http://www.spareground.co.uk/

Wanted adds at your local feed merchants generally turn up something ;)

• Like 1

Oh no! That is properly shite!

Ask at your local schools/colleges they often have a bit of ground going. Retirement homes too, the folk like to see a few birds about the place, The Church often have scraps around as well.

There is also http://www.spareground.co.uk/

Wanted adds at your local feed merchants generally turn up something ;)

Really. Can't remember last time I seen any schools with whippet racing club ,gamefowl club, trotting stables, lurcher club, terrier club ,pigeon loft, or out else in that catorgory. The old fogey are going to be over the moon wi a dozen game birds crowing their hearts out all day aint they. And who wants their kids round the church wi the vicar"s trying to nonce them while trying to sort the horse on a dark winters night. Sorry luv but you aint been round northeast livestock scene much have you.

That's whats wrong with this country now. You are so restricted in all respects regarding livestock. No pigeon lofts,kennels, stables, chicken runs nowt. Feel sorry for all the young'uns wanting to start off. Council assume everyone wants football and softplay and all that shit.All our culture and tradition being lost. Rant over!

Agreed

I hope I'm wrong ,but in 50yr their will be be no small time stock keepers left.Even when you own property n land you are so restricted. Cocks crowing, pigeons shiting etc etc. They build houses right next to stables, farms ,allotments then the new owners complain about noise ,smell n vermin. Try building a stable or pigeon loft in a garden these days and council on you like a shot. When I was young'un tumblers ,rollers, in the back yards. Horses tetherd n stabled all over.Allottments a sea of multi coloured racing lofts. It's hard now to keep anything that breathes other than some waste of time lapdog or moggy. Just how r.s.p.c.a. , council, and government want us. Sure Donna Thickaswood can see a bright future though. Hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

Cyber chickens etc, it could be. Folk seem to be getting further and further away from it all.

Got to keep hold of it, not let them take it away.

Everyone was encouraged to keep livestock war time, people knew how to survive. That's the way it should be, not rely to much on other things.

We should still be encouraged, just in case we need to survive.

I'm teaching my kids, that's for sure.

Atb

• Like 2

Just hope I can find some were , as nothing else I can do apart from sell it all it's such a shame I spent hours and £100s building pens planting trees building sheds with my gdad , now I don't feel like doing out

I'm afraid I'd be jailed if someone came a knocking trying to preach to me what I can and cannot keep, they'd never leave this property again, forever in the earth.

BUT sure you can't be going round choking people can you..

I really hope you get sorted - this is a real bad situation for you, really do wish you the best.

Keep us posted. Nicole :thumbs: