Mole Traps In The Frost

I use duffus traps and I some times spray a circle around where the trap is with road marking paint. There is a park where I was having traps taken, so I spray the paint 3 feet to the left of the traps. This way no one can see the traps, as they're covered, and the paint mark doesn't draw attention either.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well there here, the traps from France. delivered within 6 days They are strong, glad i have to tool to open them with, be very time comsuming and trapped fingers with out   Will try them out on Th

Simple.....just build a mole hill on top of the trap, the soil will protect it from a freeze-up and it won't effect firing.....job done.....   I also use this set when trapping public places such a

Pms sent to Socks and Nicepics. I will make sure you get them back with hopefully a few more. Left the trap sent by Mr muddy with Jon ,He will make the jig on monday and then try one or two for me to

Posted Images

Those look like the ones ... I just I wish I could speak French to order them .......

Just google 'English French Translator' or 'French English Translator', all acording to which way you want to translate, and you'll have no problems. Works with any language.

Trouble is you end up sounding like the policeman in 'Allo, 'Allo

• Like 1

I've put some Putanges in sideways today - that is prongs horizontal. I'll be interested to see how they fair against the usual prongs up method.

As far as frost goes it seems like we've almost seen the back of it. Last one is forecast for tonight and that will only be -1C. Other than a job at an old watermill that is hidden away in a valley, all the other jobs have been in warm soil.

Thought I heard a cuckoo today. When I checked the ex-pat forums it seems that I'm not the only one. And there have been several flocks of cranes migrating north today. That's way ahead of schedule and crazy given that there were loads flying south only five weeks ago, end of January whereas normally they've all gone south to Spain by the end of November.

• Like 2

I've put some Putanges in sideways today - that is prongs horizontal. I'll be interested to see how they fair against the usual prongs up method.

As far as frost goes it seems like we've almost seen the back of it. Last one is forecast for tonight and that will only be -1C. Other than a job at an old watermill that is hidden away in a valley, all the other jobs have been in warm soil.

Thought I heard a cuckoo today. When I checked the ex-pat forums it seems that I'm not the only one. And there have been several flocks of cranes migrating north today. That's way ahead of schedule and crazy given that there were loads flying south only five weeks ago, end of January whereas normally they've all gone south to Spain by the end of November.

Which département are you in Nicepix ?

16, but only a few klicks from 87. I do jobs in 16, 24, 79, 86 & 87, a 60km radius from home.

That would explain the all the expat customers...

Over this side the major pests are the rat-taupiers

I got a job out Civray way, about 50km west of here. I was an hour early and the customer wasn't home and so I walked around the garden looking for molehills. All I could find were a few small mounds that weren't like any molehills I'd seen. Turned out there were no moles, the 'mole' hills were made by the rat taupier. I got two in the Putanges. I also trap Lerots in summer when they use mole tunnels to access fallen fruit.

Do you ever get asked to get rid of stone martens? Wireless shed alarms are what I use. Two PR sensors and a siren placed in the customer's loft space gets rid of them PDQ.

Steve, yes that's Arvicola amphibius, formerly arvicola terrestris ( UK water vole but in this area they're mainly land-dwellers . In fact I've never seen one in water. They thrive in medium altitude environments, low alpine pasture etc). I've seen much worse damage than that shown in the photo - they have population explosions every six to seven years apparently. I'm not a pro trapper, (yet) just help out a couple of mates when their smallholdings are invaded. We've just used a few flat-packs to nail some rat taupiers that were backfilling the putanges...

Nicepix, interesting tactic for the stone martens, in the Isere they were taken off the list of trappable species last year, along with magpies ( although they can both still be shot during their respective seasons ).

post-44996-0-17020800-1423778025_thumb.jpg