Evening all.

I'm looking for a some new glass for my Pro Sport. I don't need it, but that's not the point anymore.

Ideally I'd like it to be short in length, as I load with my left hand, so short for obvious reasons. On the heavy side with a minimum 6 x mag up to whatever, SF if possible and a 30mm tube (got a single piece high 30mm mount already installed) I like the look of the Airmax 30 but I'm unsure about its length, but would like the 900gm weight if poss, hence the Airmax. Maybe a sidewinder but it's a long un'.

Reticule mil dot of course, true at 10 x or FFP.

Thoughts would be much appreciated.

Edited by Rez

You should be OK with the 30mm tube on the Hawke.

The one-inch Hawke scopes use a leaf spring in the erector tube assembly, which is less robust than the system in their 30mm scopes. I've broken three one-inch Airmax EVs with my FAC 97. "All-calibre rated" my ârse. :censored:

Or go for a Nikko Stirling AirKing, which I now use. Pretty much unbreakable. Well, at least, I've only broken one so far... :icon_eek: But the replacement is now sitting on a 16fpe gas-rammer and hasn't fallen apart yet.

My shooting buddy is just in the process of sending a viper back. Not had it 12 months and well looked after but the lens has all blemished internally. Only visible when used with the lamp but it has been faultless up until now.

Tar chaps.

Have a Menace on it now, previously had a Mamba, which I sold and sold my Prostaff 3-9, even though I wish I didn't... [i didn't get on with the BDQ reticule or whatever its called.] Its fine for now I guess. Cant f'kin see the reticule though in dark conditions, even with a lamp.

Probs go for an Airmax. But again, it isn't as short and stumpy as Id like. Thats the catch. Mil dot, short and stumpy, but heavy... :)

If your interested I have a mamba (4-12x44 scb rir, if I remember correctly) which could be up for sale if you're interested. Its as new with box, tools, flip up covers, sunshade etc plus a set of lower mounts. I didn't seem to get on with it for some reason so may as well let it go seeing as I prefer my hawke panorama. I'm based near sleaford, if you're interested pm me (if you want to try it out I'm on a farm so that's no problem) :)