Sign in to follow this  
STUNTMAN

2014-15 Ida Coyote Coursing Season

single handed cant imagine any dog taking a red stag? Heard of dogs doing it in pairs. A lad up north lost a big 28" half cross on a red stag according to facebook lol ;-). However I wasn't referring to deer :thumbs: . Very enjoyable thread thanks for sharing gents.

Sri Lankan Samba deer are 50% bigger than Scottish Red deer. During the 1900 Samuel Baker routinely took Sri Lankan Samba stags with a pair of English Coursing Greyhounds. He also hunted them with a pack of hounds. It is detailed in his book 'The Hound and Rifle in British Ceylon'. The book can be read for free at the link below.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/3231

It is an excellent read, and makes me think I was born 100 years too late...

• Like 2

Were the sambar deer ran in thick cover or dense scrub ULG?I remember reading a coursing account from an old victorian book and they ran sambar in ceylon.

• Like 2

The old Bull Stag"T" didnt disappoint and was putting the them down with a nice pup of Hay Hounds

11032755_10205056199703588_5352368657176

10982_10205056218944069_4305300251674041

11026817_10205056216544009_7224670137997

• Like 3

If importing dogs from the US to the UK wasn't so difficult, id love to see a couple of female coyote dogs sent over and used as fox dogs, i know they'd turn heads and make the bullx lads think

Anybody with a mind to improving there line might find it a better idea to import straws from the stag lines, am sure stuntman would point them in the right direction :thumbs:

• Like 1

By the way stuntman thank for sharing the videos and pictures, FANTASTIC, envy you guys so much :yes:

single handed cant imagine any dog taking a red stag? Heard of dogs doing it in pairs. A lad up north lost a big 28" half cross on a red stag according to facebook lol ;-). However I wasn't referring to deer :thumbs: . Very enjoyable thread thanks for sharing gents.

Sri Lankan Samba deer are 50% bigger than Scottish Red deer. During the 1900 Samuel Baker routinely took Sri Lankan Samba stags with a pair of English Coursing Greyhounds. He also hunted them with a pack of hounds. It is detailed in his book 'The Hound and Rifle in British Ceylon'. The book can be read for free at the link below.

Just read book .loved the description of camping equipment needed.must have been a good life for the rich .amazing how a country this small had such a vast empire !

Edited by jimgt206
  • Like 1