• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was gonna say nice Duckwing but to save confusion I'll say nice grey lol

Fair play bud..... Class stands out.... I've witness theses grays with my own eyes and believe me they can bring home the blue ribbons!...... we all after get our seed stock from somewhere..... Just l

I didn't mean them exact birds lol I meant that type....

The cock is pure ruble mate and the pullet is pure john sears albany

The original stock I had in the 80's and a guy I know brought in, MAY have been pure 'Ruble Hatch', they have been bred and crossed by several guys over the years, including me, so in reality they can only be called 'Hatch', at best. I can't comment on the 'Albany' Hen, other than, if it has gone through lots of guys Hands, it has been changed from the original stock too.

However, the Cock Bird seems a nice type in the Picture, can't really see the important one.......the Hen. In my defence for not being too complimentary about the pair, your Hands tell you a lot more than a Picture does. They are a start and kept fit and healthy, with the help of an incubator, a Broody and the Hen herself you could have up to 40 Chicks out of them this first year.

Shamo I carnt speak for the man him self but i o.t.t well anuff to know he's not one for crossing he's seed stock...... I'll think you'll find my freined...., they are same and just as good as day he got them.... Many a year ago....... As the saying goes if it's not broke don't try fix it....... ATB uk

• Like 2

As soon as someone else puts together their own Brood Pens, all stock after that cannot be classed the same as the original. When I was younger I brought in some McClean Hatch, everything, after I set my own Brood Pens up, were then just Hatch with only the foundation of that stock being McClean. McClean himself had nothing to do with what I bred. The Cock in the Picture is not a Billy Ruble Bird and the Hen isn't a John Sears Bird. Just a 'Pet hate' of mine, lots of names get banded around the place and it's factually wrong. Two Breeders could get hold of the exact same blood, breed them and get totally different offspring.

So if that is right then, which it is not, the hatch you brought in was not even hatch, unless you got them yourself off of ted mclean himself, of which I don't think you did, yet you say you brought in mclean hatch, make your mind up mate, but that was not the question i wont answering is how did you come to bring my birds into this country for me, unless you are really me in another name, or it could be i am a totally thick paddy, that is confused and don't know who i am anymore, afer reading that you me or who ever i am i don't know what to think, please somebody tell me i don't even think i am married its getting that bad a,t,b, O,T,T

So if that is right then, which it is not, the hatch you brought in was not even hatch, unless you got them yourself off of ted mclean himself, of which I don't think you did, yet you say you brought in mclean hatch, make your mind up mate, but that was not the question i wont answering is how did you come to bring my birds into this country for me, unless you are really me in another name, or it could be i am a totally thick paddy, that is confused and don't know who i am anymore, afer reading that you me or who ever i am i don't know what to think, please somebody tell me i don't even think i am married its getting that bad a,t,b, O,T,T

Lol I that really you OTT haha

• Like 1