Soldiers Protest....

And if they'd got away with it?? what then?? replies of "good lads" "well done" The officers in charge are there to lead by example..not to be laid up with hangovers while the grunts get more disenchanted by their behaviour. It's time the army took a good long look at itself and sorted their shit out.

• Like 1

There will no doubt be appropriate channels and complaints procedures that they should of followed.......in what reality did they think they would get away with that?

Even if they had felt that their concerns were being ignored sometimes you have to put up and shut up and eventually the world will turn.

And there's always the good old fashioned punch in the mouth if they were that concerned......would have probably got off lighter.

There will no doubt be appropriate channels and complaints procedures that they should of followed.......in what reality did they think they would get away with that?

Even if they had felt that their concerns were being ignored sometimes you have to put up and shut up and eventually the world will turn.

And there's always the good old fashioned punch in the mouth if they were that concerned......would have probably got off lighter.

old school that mate,see many a greviance sorted this way in the old days certainly better than being up on a charge although not so sure todays army would fit in with these methods,cant see for a minute them getting away with it,never happen cheers

:laugh: :laugh: Not necessaraly, my mate was thrown out of the RAF Regiment for twatting his superior after spending a wee vacation in their equivalent of the glass house. Granted the superior was knockin my mates mrs off so deserved a hiding, but I believe sitting in the dark in the Superior's bedroom with a bat may have taken it a little too far :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 2

I will admit right off that my military experience is nil, but anway...................

The soldiers are expected to follow all lawful orders, however their superiors failed them, in my opinion.

They failed to lead by example, they failed to show any respect for 'their' men, and they failed not only to spot disenchantment, but also failed to act to put it right.

I thought an officer should never ask the men to do something he isn't willing to do himself ????

The soldiers clearly transgressed the rules, but iIthink the officers should also be held to account in some way !

Edited by Blackbriar
  • Like 1

I think they were dealt with vey harshly,,,,getting kicked out just for disobeying an order,,,, and the others banged up,,,,yeh they deserved punishment ,,,, but not that extreme

Not so long ago in the great span of time they would have shot em !! Lol lol

I think they were dealt with vey harshly,,,,getting kicked out just for disobeying an order,,,, and the others banged up,,,,yeh they deserved punishment ,,,, but not that extreme

Not so long ago in the great span of time they would have shot em !! Lol lol

Yeh I know mate,,,, I'm watching re runs of sharpe,,,and hornblower,,,on one of he sky channels ,,,so I know how they used to do things,,,,lol

old school that mate,see many a greviance sorted this way in the old days certainly better than being up on a charge although not so sure todays army would fit in with these methods,cant see for a minute them getting away with it,never happen cheers

Still happens like that in some units. That and a bit of shell PT do a good job of maintaining discipline at the same time as keeping down on the paperwork...

Still happens like that in some units. That and a bit of shell PT do a good job of maintaining discipline at the same time as keeping down on the paperwork...

do they still get a beasting in todays modern army,last i heard new recruits in the infantry all start off wearing trainers not sure what the feck thats all about good old fashion mud run for a few miles get the boots broke in still got the scars to prove it :laugh: ,things have changed a lot and not for the better it seems,never heard the word bullying when i was in part and parcel of making the grade or fecking off home

Edited by hunter1372