A Guess To As The Score Of This Buck?

That's the trouble, the heads around here are not very big. That set of antlers is the best I've seen local, probably ever, and that's seeing alot of deer. Funny thing though, roe only really started to increase about 20 years ago and I do think that their average head size is growing over time. But I could be imagining it!

If you go over to the basc site it gives you rules etc on the scoring length weight and that would give you a much proper idea mate nice set though!!

now you need to decide if you wish to do the easy clean by just burying it and waiting four months or boiling scrubbing removing brains etc which is bit of a nightmare to be honest !! But you get your result much quicker.

So what will it be then ???

That's the trouble, the heads around here are not very big. That set of antlers is the best I've seen local, probably ever, and that's seeing alot of deer. Funny thing though, roe only really started to increase about 20 years ago and I do think that their average head size is growing over time. But I could be imagining it!

Get some varied mineral licks in for them, or dig a pit with salts etc, The heads & health will improve dramatically.

It's a very symmetrical head 'JD' mate,but may be a bit light in my opinion but that doesn't take away from the beauty of it does it.I am not a trophy hunter but on a day where I was waiting in for a delivery I weighed a few heads I have kept that were on top of the cabinet and 3 should go Silver,but I shan't ever get them scored.Good luck with yours though.

• 2 weeks later...