Aviary Floor And Question's

Good to see them settling in and a relaxed feeding bird sure shows this :thumbs: ,will add to others the lutino greenie cock is a little red as he did just catch the colour feed when i moved him into a outside flight after the breeding season but that'll dissapear come spring when he moults to his breeding plumage and a nice deep yellow all over he'll become.But i just hope your happy with them Millet and there all you hoped they'd be but i have every confidence there'll breed for you and get you going next spring and if my own plans go to plan then your'll have some different birds for your other flights next summer :yes: .

Did remember after you'd gone the really red factor is also the goldie mules mother so if you get a goldie cock that's the stamp of mule they'd produce if you wanted to cross them. ;)

• Like 1

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a few pic's from today...i have opened the two flight's up next to each other so they have more room to fly about.. .     Two mule Goldies and a irish fancy hen on the teazel     Lu

Here's a pic or two showing a exstention i added to my aviary and the roof bit i left open and this i'm splitting in two and then i'll be changing the layout of the rest of it by spring next year and

This is where i am upto for now..doing it on my own does not help and these dark night's are a ball ache when you want to crack on..not too worry though i will get there in the end..  

I'm more than happy with them Fireman.. :yes: ..i have been messing about in there all morning tweaking thing's and adjusting stuff.. :thumbs: ..i would not mind a pair of goldie's and a greenfinch hen to stick in with that latino if that is possible..but that's another day.. :D

• Like 1

If my goldies breed next year your welcome to one and to be honest that goes for anything my birds breed next year if you want anything your welcome to it Millet for sure :yes: and you've got some good bird men near by and i'll have a good bet those empty flights won't be stood idle to long :laugh:

• Like 1

Cheer's folk's.. :victory: ..i'm going to do a slight modification to the internal door's when i get two minutes..i have been thinking and it will be easier to move the bird's to there chosen section if i put another door above the bottom one..all i will need to do then is open the top door and chase through the selected bird's which in turn will save me having to catch them with a net.. :thumbs: ..i suppose it sound's easy in theory but time will tell.. :D

• Like 1

Cheer's folk's.. :victory: ..i'm going to do a slight modification to the internal door's when i get two minutes..i have been thinking and it will be easier to move the bird's to there chosen section if i put another door above the bottom one..all i will need to do then is open the top door and chase through the selected bird's which in turn will save me having to catch them with a net.. :thumbs: ..i suppose it sound's easy in theory but time will tell.. :D

it will also be better for your back, :laugh:

I will still be leaving the bottom partition in Paul for when i have to slip through each section..a bit like a stable door design but out of mesh and frame work.. :thumbs:

i always convert the doors on all my kennels to a stable design its far more suitable than a fixed one piece door :thumbs: