TrapWorks - Snare making step by step dvd

i learned to snare rats off here ive not been on here for a while... due to all the crabbing that goes on... i where is the block button ..also now i dont know which dvd to do get now :)

The simple answer to that question is both.

The Woodga DVD is a classic; where you get to see snares made and used.

The Trapworks DVD goes into more detail on making snares, and simple to follow instructions and guidance on how to make and use Rabbit, Fox, Squirrel and Rat snares. It has to also be said that the Trapworks film is a far better production with modern digital filming and good editing.

Both show ideas and inventions developed by the snare god that is GSW.

Neither film will guarantee success, but it doesn't matter if you are new to snaring or an old hand, there is always the odd thing to learn.

Arguing over a poxy snaring dvd? :huh:

Simple fact is: times move on. Like Matt says, better filming techniques come along, better cameras etc.

Still havent seen any modern trapping or fieldsports films being done in hd yet though. Blu Ray burners are two a penny now but still folk are too scared to do it.

Some of the big blockbusting films are reincarnations of older films, people still manage to watch them without complaining.

All this fuss seems to stem from one or two folk with over inflated ego's who want/think that they are legends who will go down in the history books as the great gods of the modern snaring/trapping dynasty :laugh:

Its about time they grew up.

• Like 2

Nar , i think thats bull keswick .....

Personally i think lads are right to pull up the bull shitters

No doubt theres young lads on here taking a lot at face value ..................

Taking it as gospel from a self proclaimed expert thats only.made a handful of catches in his life ..... The same lad who a few short yrs ago hadnt ever snared !

At the end of the day hes the brian plummer of the snaring world .........

You fellas think on that before buying his dvds

Duckwing

As usual, it's all getting a bit 'primary school playground' in here..........

"he was my mate first!"

"How dare someone else make money out of Glenn?"

"I've killed more rabbits than you.... nah, nahdy nah nah"

The simple fact is that if Glenn didn't want people to use his ideas then he wouldn't tell people, would he? I've met GSW and Trapworks, and I've also seen them talking together and sharing ideas (mainly from Glenn, it has to be said).

I'm quite sure that if Glenn didn't want Trapworks to share his ideas with a wider audience, then he would simply stop talking to him. He's more than capable of telling David to feck off without his fan club coming on here every five minutes to run Trapworks and anyone other than Woodga or Duckwing down for sharing the knowledge.

I admire those people who have a natural flair for making stuff out of wire and springs (and videos for that matter), but like many others I'm next to useless unless someone shows me how to do it in a simple way that a numbskull like me can take in. I'm not really interested in who's idea it was originally, or who was the first to bring out a film; none of that matters when you have a thirst to learn how to do things better.

Let's get one thing straight; not everyone has access to huge populations of rabbits or other quarry, and while it's obvious that anyone who does is going to become very proficient very quickly, that doesn't mean that everyone else is crap, nor that the knowledge that they have is somehow invalid.

There are lots of 'fieldsports' productions in print and film; some are better because they show big bags, or lots of quarry, while others are better because the film quality and editing has been done more professionally. If I ever see what I think is the perfect film, or read the perfect book then I'll be sure to shout about it to everyone.

As I wrote earlier; if you want to really learn about snaring, then start off with the old GSW films, then have a look at the Woodga production, and then when you want to see a longer and more detailed film with good production values then write to Santa and get a copy of the Trapworks production.

Whatever you do, don't discount the Trapworks production just because it's the newest, and it's not been make by one of the 'chosen few' on here.

friend of trapworks MATT are you :hmm: If somebody knows their stuff they can bragg, as my mum said if you got it flauet it cause many have not :D

Woodgas dvd shows enough with out a long drown out version to bring the cash in................where is trapworks stament then to have his say he has not been on trappers uk for a while well since the subject of this dvd was mentioned just wondering his side.

Its like me doing a updated version of a 1980s film but because ts a few years on and techolgy has come on in years it will look better but the ending isstill the same :thumbs:

friend of trapworks MATT are you

Yes, I know David a bit.... not that it's relevant. He and I Friends? I'm not sure. You and Colin friends? Obviously.

The fact is, if the film was crap, I would say so, regardless of whether or not I had met Trapworks.

If you take the time to check, at no point have I said that the film by Woodga isn't any good.

The two productions are different. If I had to choose one, then I'm afraid it would be the Trapworks production; due more to the production quality than the content, but nevertheless, it would be the Trapworks film for me.

I can't (and wouldn't) speak for David, but I'm pretty sure that he's got more sense than to come on here, or any facebook group just to feed yet more trolls like you. I'm not that sensible unfortunately.

I'm not sure why all these people think it helps anyone to come on here and constantly slate a film they haven't seen, just because they think that it's a remake of a film by Woodga, that was, afterall, simply a remake of the original by GSW......... is there some unwritten THL law that says that no-one else can share their knowledge on film?

Admiration is fine in my book; unjustified hero worship is more than a little sad.

Any snare video or DVD over here is just a rehash of Glens, making rabbit snares and snaring rabbits basically, but as always the originals are the classics, but I find the comment below from Matt amusing

I can't (and wouldn't) speak for David, but I'm pretty sure that he's got more sense than to come on here, or any facebook group just to feed yet more trolls like you. I'm not that sensible unfortunately.

Well he came on here, when he wanted information, before all these rabbiters, snaring, PRO TRAPPING...pffft sites turned up..Then made a website selling snares and that was him..

Anyway if people put themselves on a pedestal then its to be expected.. But I can't see a problem with anyone making dvd's as long as there genuine and have actually put it into practice...

is there a dvd on just snaring rats ... as its easy to snare rabbits but alot harder to snare a rat ... i dont need to know how to make snares as mine work ,please dont think this is a brag its just me being tight not wanting to buy a dvd on how to make rabbit snares, as i was shown this at 10 years of age and had to check my dads snares with him ...but i find snaring rats realy good fun... ps can any of the smart people on here remind me how to post pic's please :)

Friend of Colin's o no cant stand the man :D

after tonite niether can i , he tried his best to cause bother,only ate one choccy biccy after i went to the shop especially to get his favourites, drunk most of my coffee and then left, he,s a cad and a bounder

OH yes and BEVS to good for you :tongue2: :tongue2: nice to catch up a bit send me pm with your adyy and ill post that dvd up to you :thumbs: you live in a remote place son the high light of the week is when the mobile fishn chip shop van comes about :blink: