transporter versus transit

Slightly off topic,but has anyone had a transit automatic?Got offered one recently but i,ve never had any thing to do with autos,its an older model with the banana engine,which is what i prefer as not being a mechanic i think there a pretty simple engine to work on.

• 5 months later...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's for that reason I have no bother parking my t4 up in lanes nobody expects a flock of lurchers to come out where as a transit parked up brings unwanted attention round my way

stick with the oul shape tranny .

they go on for ever the old shape transits..................

I rather the transit to drive but never had any trouble with the hiace either. I was put off buyin a transporter by a mate of mine his gave a fair bit of trouble :thumbs:

i have the 1.9 transporter bought it cheap wouldnt go with another van ultra reliable been everywhere init and not missed a beat would,nt go back to another van and i have had my fair share off different vans

I've had both the transporter was great to drive but cost me a lot of money, with what I call... constant bad luck! Body wise stayed sound for the 4 years I had it. Transit van is not as nice to drive, gets stuck really easy but has barely cost me a thing engine wise in 5 years! But, the body work lets go on them, I drove back from Scotland swaying around not realising that the rear leaf suspension mounts had pushed through the chassis and were just resting in place.... Lucky really! So while I like the VW and would love to have another, money-wise it makes more sense to go for the Tranny.

I have a transit 4 years and not 1 ounce of bother have I had with it.the only thing ive ever had to do was service it.I will have another as soon as it goes.strange how folk have different experiences with them.

well me paky wagon hiace had it 10 years now apart from timing belt went through its mot new brake pipe needed first time ive had change anything on it great van worth all the abuse as in cash and carry piss lol

what age/model you got and how wide is the rear inside.

someone told me they were narrower than my vw t4 which has 4 ft width roughly..

well me paky wagon hiace had it 10 years now apart from timing belt went through its mot new brake pipe needed first time ive had change anything on it great van worth all the abuse as in cash and carry piss lol

what age/model you got and how wide is the rear inside.

someone told me they were narrower than my vw t4 which has 4 ft width roughly..

its a53 plate d4d short wheel base not the biggest not sure about the width must be the same will give it a measure shortly for you :thumbs: model is 280 gs width 5 and a half foot Edited by nothernlite