Photo
Scotland

Dumfries & Galloway Terrier & Lurcher show.Sunday 19th August.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 celtic

celtic

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 356 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:37 pm

I was going to go but no lucher show no go for me

#17 vixen

vixen

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:17 am

Such a  shame, was a good show, wont be going either if there is no show

#18 events co-ordinator

events co-ordinator

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:00 pm

Instead of coming on here and giving your views phone Drumlanrig ask for a contact number for the terrier and lurcher show and ask if theres camping and point out that if theres no terrier and lurcher show with Qualifiers you won't be going.

#19 grant_c

grant_c

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:41 pm

To be honest the pitch they have del last year was a disgrace wasn't flat, didnt cut the grass, very small etc and if that's what they think of our "type" and our dogs they can stick their game fair up their arse. Why make them feel we need them? If they wanted us there they would have us that's my opinion.

#20 KittleRox

KittleRox

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 6,137 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:49 pm

Grant you'd have a like if I had one fxck em,,

I have a question though, if I turn up with my twa lurchers and me whippet fully cammoed up will I get in or will I need to borrow Rakes tweeds and shiney brogues lol

#21 B.P.R

B.P.R

Disabled Bay Poacher

• Banned
  • 7,063 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:54 pm

Well i iust phone up....

Here is the exact reply i got when asked why there was no lurcher and terrier show this year'...

"The lurcher and terriers wanted far to much space...along with the cars parked at the ring and stuff....and we have been able to fill that space with trade stands"

ALL ABOUT MONEY :yes:

Ill no be going and i told them that....

Shove their shite fair up their arse....

#22 grant_c

grant_c

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:57 pm

Better add a lab or 2 kittle lol. I give the show 3 years max including this one and it'll be finished

#23 KittleRox

KittleRox

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 6,137 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:01 pm

Better add a lab or 2 kittle lol. I give the show 3 years max including this one and it'll be finished

they're in with the BBC now mate, whats the real reason for no lurchers terriers ????

#24 dennned

dennned

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:56 pm

they're in with the BBC now mate, whats the real reason for no lurchers terriers ????

maybe i'm being cynical, but you got the real reason in your reply  -----------------they're in with the BBC now mate----------- they obviously dont want our type there ---- the young duke is a prick, his old man would never have let it happen , he's sold eastate cottages, so just shows you it's all about money to him

• KittleRox likes this

#25 KittleRox

KittleRox

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 6,137 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:29 am

:yes:  :thumbs:

#26 brambles

brambles

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:33 pm

It was a sh*t fair anyway, trade stands, I attended a couple of years ago and couldn't even purchase a ball of spun nylon for nets, and while browsing the stand about salmon and poaching on the Nith with a couple of lurchers in tow we were seriously frowned upon and made not to feel very welcome, the tossers will defo miss the revenue generated by the lurcher and terrier people.

#27 B.P.R

B.P.R

Disabled Bay Poacher

• Banned
  • 7,063 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:34 pm

Swapping the hairy arsed lurcher and terrier men for ice cream and wooly jumper stalls :laugh:

I wonder how much space the gundog scurry takes up? Or the fishing? Or the shotguns?

More than a couple of show rings :yes:

But they darent....touch the 'high class' sports..... or there would be a jolly good ear bashing!

Be nice if all the dog guys bypassed this and sent an email explaining exactly why.

Or even better... phoned....

Support the fairs that support you (lowther is the week before)....

And dont waste your money to walk round an agricultural show...

#28 events co-ordinator

events co-ordinator

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:49 am

I will be on the SACS stand as we have members who shoot and fish as well but we will be lobbying the organisers on this as we have loads of terriermen and lurchermen (and women) members. Including Del who has kept us informed of the situation as it panned out I Know the show will be a much poorer show without the artisan hunters. We have a stand at Lowther drop by and voice your concerns and we will pass them on  :thumbs:

#29 Country Joe

Country Joe

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 3,248 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:26 pm

Lowther is a real show, lots to keep you occupied, last time i was at the Drumlanrig show was 2 years ago, could walk round the trade stands in 10 mins,did that a couple of times then went home.

no net making or different types of net, never saw anything i would have bought, apart from Simon Whiteheads beddy type Lurcher.

#30 cammy12

cammy12

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 645 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:17 pm

phoned and asked for refund on my camping ticket due to cancelation of terrier and lurcher show , a weekend in the highlands for me instead

• Ayrshire Lass likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users