HOW BIGS YOUR RAT (Oh No Not this Again!!!)

No don’t roll your eyes and “tut” at me this is not a my rat is bigger than your rat affair... in fact its the total opposite. :angel:

It all started the week before Christmas when I noticed a Scarily Tail visitor helping itself to the bird food in the guardian. GET IN!!!!!....... I thought Santa has got me exactly what I wanted for Christmas, to fill my time over the holidays...............but unfortunately, like all new toys at this time of year I broke it by Boxing day..........with a little help from Mr Brocock :cray:

post-65471-0-22687400-1331901726_thumb.jpg

Although there were no more sightings I couldn’t believe it was a lone rat so with time to fill over the festive season.............I’m not a very sociable person......... I decided to investigate.

I purchased a cheep video set up from the "bay" that had night vision capabilities and set up a monitor next to the telly so I could watch the area.The set up, that will always now be known as "Rat Cam" by the rest of the family payed off dividends. Not only did it highlight the fact that there was a brood of little scailys emerging after dark but also gave me something interesting to watch when East Enders was on. :boogy:

Now to the point of my post, these things seem to bread fast so I have been shooting them before they have a chance to get big and last night I finally thought I had got rid of the last one. That was until I went out to clean up this morning and saw the size of one of them there must be a new brood ready to imerge and reap havoc. I have been using My R10 with NV50 as the young ones are small and the added accuracy off a bipod has helped but this little Scamp was so small the 177 literally blew its head off. Anybody shot a smaller one or do I have the record, :whistling: Thats a 50p for perspective?

post-65471-0-07272500-1331902084_thumb.jpg

I have video from "RAT CAM", Ill upload it if anybodys interested.

Edited by Hastiekid
  • Like 1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a picture to cheer you up.. the dog's that killed them also rip hedgehog's in half for fun..  

No don’t roll your eyes and “tut” at me this is not a my rat is bigger than your rat affair... in fact its the total opposite.   It all started the week before Christmas when I noticed a Scarily Ta

And why were Hedghogs being removed from the Uists ?.............arrgh yes because they were munching there way through the ground nesting bird population.............a bit like ratus ratus...........

Posted Images

Hi mate nice post.

Can you tell me how you find those Brococks for accuracy wise?

I quiet like the look of the new Super 6 XL in .22 for a dedicated ratting rifle.

Light and small.

Si.

Hi mate nice post.

Can you tell me how you find those Brococks for accuracy wise?

I quiet like the look of the new Super 6 XL in .22 for a dedicated ratting rifle.

Light and small.

Si.

If I’m brutally honest I really don’t rate the accuracy much. I really want to like this gun as it ticks all the boxes as a ratter, which is what I got it for, but I just don’t find it that accurate. Its well made for the price and very quick to handle but I don’t have confidence in it. I’m actually thinking of making the swap to an Ultra for Ratting.

I did look into getting it Regd but to my knowledge nobody does this work at the moment, after enquiring I was told Tench are going to do one in the future.

Edited by Hastiekid

Let me tell you something, About six years ago I went to the Uists in the Western Isles of Scotland on hedgehog rescue because the SNH were catching and killing them while we the rescue team were catching them and relocating them to the Scottish mainland. Hedgehog numbers are down in most places but not on the Uists as their are no preditors to keep numbers down and we went out at night to catch them as they are nocturnal. One night we found a trap put out by the SNH to catch them but instead of a hedgehog their was a rat in it which remember are still Gods creatures. Now here is the difference between animal lovers and animal killers such as yourselves- we released the rat and it quickly ran away as fast as its little legs could carry it while you lot would have killed it for no other reason but blood lust. May God have mercy on all your souls.

Let me tell you something, About six years ago I went to the Uists in the Western Isles of Scotland on hedgehog rescue because the SNH were catching and killing them while we the rescue team were catching them and relocating them to the Scottish mainland. Hedgehog numbers are down in most places but not on the Uists as their are no preditors to keep numbers down and we went out at night to catch them as they are nocturnal. One night we found a trap put out by the SNH to catch them but instead of a hedgehog their was a rat in it which remember are still Gods creatures. Now here is the difference between animal lovers and animal killers such as yourselves- we released the rat and it quickly ran away as fast as its little legs could carry it while you lot would have killed it for no other reason but blood lust. May God have mercy on all your souls.

And why were Hedghogs being removed from the Uists ?.............arrgh yes because they were munching there way through the ground nesting bird population.............a bit like ratus ratus............oh dear :huh:

• Like 1

may god give you 72 virgins in paradise you wonderul person and heres a trophy for all your efforts :toast:

now feck off and help some suffering kids or elderly that cant look after themselves

Dont know why your releasing them over here.....i splat every little spikey b*****d i see........ :bye:

may god give you 72 virgins in paradise you wonderul person and heres a trophy for all your efforts :toast:

now feck off and help some suffering kids or elderly that cant look after themselves

that one rat is onlyyyyyyyyyyyyyy just short of a mililon rats in five years time.. send um all to one anti and see how long untill they deside well..just maybe..now it affects me, we should ummm..you know...lolol twats.

:feck: :feck: :feck: u bible basher :laugh: mercy on my soul i am going strait to hell :diablo: and in the mean time i am going to kill as many rats as i can :hunter:

Here is a picture to cheer you up.. :D the dog's that killed them also rip hedgehog's in half for fun.. :laugh:

img1900t.jpg

• Like 2

You won't kill rats because they are "gods" creatures. So why have you joined a hunting forum?

• Like 1