Nitesite NS200......a little gem.

Hiya Si.

Cheers mate, Iooking forward to trying it out.

This new unit your testing sounds like the mutts nuts, and if its as cheap, and good as you say, it will do very well.

I like this particular unit, because I wear glasses all the time, so its simplicity in itself using the NS200, for me anyway.

I did look at the Pulsar N550 last year, but I must say, personaly, I think the image quality of the NS200 is by far the better of the two.

Also looked at the add on's but felt I would have the same problems with my glasses.

So not only am I left handed.....Im ferkin blind too :laugh:

Good luck with the trials, and sales of the Nite-Hunter product, Im sure it will be a nice bit of kit when it comes out.

ATB.

Bill.

All fair and good points Bill and like I said, I really wish you all the best pal.

I wish I had the same unit in my kit as the NS200 buddy, to tell you the truth I'm a little envious of you pal as it does look a sexy bit of kit.

If it suits you and your happy with it then its a great deal pal so good luck and go whack them rats :boogy: .

Thanks for wishing us the best with the other trials.

ATB

Si.

Hi Si.

Thanks again mate, and yes its a sexy bit of kit.......I think it was thje black rubber tube that did it for me :icon_redface::laugh: :laugh:

The only problem I can think of, is being able to see to read the instructions :whistling::laugh:

ATB.

Bill.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we've built our own and are in the middle of patent something else, according to un biased testers ours its better and will be cheaper, we shot a fox last night at 150yards clean kill and rabbits at

Hi all.   Been thinking of some night vision for a while now, and am going for the Nitesite NS200.   Being a person who needs to wear glasses all the time, this unit really appealed to me. It can

Hi Mick.     I did the battery test again, only this time on the max IR setting ( setting number 4 )   The unit ran solidly for 2hours and 20 mins on the one battery.   So using the unit on max

Posted Images

Hi Bill, you kept that quiet Buddy, even in the greenhouse the other night testing the nite hunter.com ir300 you said nowt. We'll sort zummit when the weather impoves,

cheers mucker,

atb Rich

Hi Rich.

As you know, I was thinking about getting the Pulsar N550 last year, but with my glasses, I thought better of it.

Only made my mind up yesterday on the nitesite NS200, and I am now glad I went that route.

Easy to use and see, I think it will be a great addition to the kit mate.

Weather looks bad tomorrow, but yes, we will sort somthing out soon.

ATB.

Bill

hi bill

I will give you a tip here regarding the Nite site,if you can get your self some filter plastic "like they use to use in the disco lights"

and cut to size over the screen,this will not make your figure stand out so bright in the field! :thumbs:

unless they have already done it for you! :thumbs:

regards

Davy

Hi Davey.

Thanks for the thought mate :thumbs: , already in hand, sexy red too :laugh:

I have read about the effects of glare on the face from other user's of the NS200.

But they all say the same, it does not bother the bunnies or rats what so ever.

Will not hurt to try a filter on the screen though, be easier on the night vision too.

I use a face veil in day light, so it wouldnt hurt to wear one at night, that would cure the glare too.

When you think we still get kills using bright lights while lamping, I dont think a little glow will bother them too much.

ATB.

Bill.

hi bill

nice one :thumbs:

but before you put the face vail on, take off that fooking mask!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

good luck buddy :thumbs:

Davy

You utter BITCH..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::victory:

Hi Bill, you kept that quiet Buddy, even in the greenhouse the other night testing the nite hunter.com ir300 you said nowt. We'll sort zummit when the weather impoves,

cheers mucker,

atb Rich

Hi Rich.

As you know, I was thinking about getting the Pulsar N550 last year, but with my glasses, I thought better of it.

Only made my mind up yesterday on the nitesite NS200, and I am now glad I went that route.

Easy to use and see, I think it will be a great addition to the kit mate.

Weather looks bad tomorrow, but yes, we will sort somthing out soon.

ATB.

Bill

hi bill

I will give you a tip here regarding the Nite site,if you can get your self some filter plastic "like they use to use in the disco lights"

and cut to size over the screen,this will not make your figure stand out so bright in the field! :thumbs:

unless they have already done it for you! :thumbs:

regards

Davy

Hi Davey.

Thanks for the thought mate :thumbs: , already in hand, sexy red too :laugh:

I have read about the effects of glare on the face from other user's of the NS200.

But they all say the same, it does not bother the bunnies or rats what so ever.

Will not hurt to try a filter on the screen though, be easier on the night vision too.

I use a face veil in day light, so it wouldnt hurt to wear one at night, that would cure the glare too.

When you think we still get kills using bright lights while lamping, I dont think a little glow will bother them too much.

ATB.

Bill.

hi bill

nice one :thumbs:

but before you put the face vail on, take off that fooking mask!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

good luck buddy :thumbs:

Davy

You utter BITCH..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::victory:

its good to have you back bill :laugh: :laugh: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Davy

Superb units was shooting with the ns200 the other night, happily spotting rabbits at 200 yards or so and shooting out to 90 yards.

Fantastic bit of technology, no point messing around with crappy video cameras and Boged mounts.

If you do a lot of night shooting these are the business.

Liam

They must have come on leaps and bounds since september then, i tried one out and couldn,t see a person at 200 yards let alone a rabbit..

You can't have been using it right then!

or maybe you don,t know how far 200 yards is???we got a meeting one evening outside their tent at the midland game fair, four of us went out with there best unit and there is no way what so ever your shooting rabbits at 200 yards unless they have altered them since we went out....

This is footage taken from a Sony Handycam, the one Davy is going to buy.

I was with the lad when he filmed it, you can hear me in the back ground trying to locate it with my own camera (to film only). This is at 60 to 70 yards in the pitch black at a pond in Sheffield. The new Nite - Hunter digital add on is this kind of quality but in a digital picture, i.e like a Pulsar picture but at 200 plus yards. The picture i looked at at 300 yards of a car parked and a sign was crystal clear.

Watch at about 1 minute 36 secs when i turn on my IR300 to half power, it makes night into day.

Si.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jix62559aE

Edited by zini

You can't have been using it right then!

or maybe you don,t know how far 200 yards is???we got a meeting one evening outside their tent at the midland game fair, four of us went out with there best unit and there is no way what so ever your shooting rabbits at 200 yards unless they have altered them since we went out....

Like I said I was out with it the other night.

My ranging isn't in doubt.

Nice bit of kit ST, will you be doing a review on it :thumbs:

Hiya Stealthy.

Went to pick up the Nitesite this morning. :boogy:

I arrived at the shop, and the owner was waiting, with the unit in its case on the counter......... huge grin on his face.

He ussured me out the back and was clearly excited to tell me all about the NS200.

He had a shooting friend there with him, both these guys are using the Nitesite, and both are over the moon with the quality, and clarity of the image.

The build quality is very good indeed, all casings are made from ABS plastic, so tough and light too.

One of the guys was using the NS50, and he reckoned he could see out to 70yds......20 yds past the distance stated, so the unit has been very fairly classified by the makers I would say.

Anyway.....I got the NS200 home and sat down with a coffee to read the instructions, nothing too complicated ( thank goodness :laugh: )

After reading, I put the bits on the scope, switched it on, and was truly amazed at the picture quality, like looking at the telly colour in daylight too........brilliant :thumbs:

Inside the camera unit, where it attaches to the tube on the scope, there is like a tiny lens housing, this focuses the reticule by 1/4 turns, jobs a good un, a quick tweak of the parralax, and spot on picture.

The battery is a tad on the heavey side, but I have ordered two lighter ones to retro fit.

The guys in the shop are using the Debon Lithium batteries on theirs, nice and light.

Got the battery on charge now, and I am looking forward to having a play when darkness falls.

Hopefully I will be able to confirm, or dispell the claims of 200yd reach.

From what I have seen so far, I am very pleased and impressed :toast:

More to follow :thumbs:

ATB.

Bill.

This is footage taken from a Sony Handycam, the one Davy is going to buy.

I was with the lad when he filmed it, you can hear me in the back ground trying to locate it with my own camera (to film only). This is at 60 to 70 yards in the pitch black at a pond in Sheffield. The new Nite - Hunter digital add on is this kind of quality but in a digital picture, i.e like a Pulsar picture but at 200 plus yards. The picture i looked at at 300 yards of a car parked and a sign was crystal clear.

Watch at about 1 minute 36 secs when i turn on my IR300 to half power, it makes night into day.

Si.

The set up your using is a lot better imo than the other set up .The difference is the ir, on the ns gear its more of a flood than a spot

Hiya Stealthy.

I arrived at the shop, and the owner was waiting, with the unit in its case on the counter......... huge grin on his face.

He ussured me out the back and was clearly excited to tell me all about the NS200.

He had a shooting friend there with him, both these guys are using the Nitesite, and both are over the moon with the quality, and clarity of the image.

The build quality is very good indeed, all casings are made from ABS plastic, so tough and light too.

One of the guys was using the NS50, and he reckoned he could see out to 70yds......20 yds past the distance stated, so the unit has been very fairly classified by the makers I would say.

Anyway.....I got the NS200 home and sat down with a coffee to read the instructions, nothing too complicated ( thank goodness :laugh: )

After reading, I put the bits on the scope, switched it on, and was truly amazed at the picture quality, like looking at the telly colour in daylight too........brilliant :thumbs:

Inside the camera unit, where it attaches to the tube on the scope, there is like a tiny lens housing, this focuses the reticule by 1/4 turns, jobs a good un, a quick tweak of the parralax, and spot on picture.

The battery is a tad on the heavey side, but I have ordered two lighter ones to retro fit.

The guys in the shop are using the Debon Lithium batteries on theirs, nice and light.

Got the battery on charge now, and I am looking forward to having a play when darkness falls.

ATB.

Bill.

hi bill

stop talking about it! and get out and use it :laugh::tongue2:

looking forward to the review,see if you can video some footage?

if you haven't got any rats to shoot down there with it,you can come up to me and shoot some :thumbs:

good luck with it bill

Davy

I missed the Nitesite demonstration at my local gunshop but the owner was good enough to lend me the shops ns200 demo unit which ive been using for the past week. I currently use a sony handycam/n1000 i.r laser set up but after using the ns200 for a week i want one! I really like the heads up shooting position with the ns200 its much easier scanning for rabbits than looking through the cam/scope set up. The field of view is also much better than the camcorder/scope. You also use the scope's zoom with the ns200 rather than the camcorder zoom.

The only other set up i considered was the n550 but at almost twice the cost it was a no no. The fact that the 550 is also a dedicated unit also put me off. Where as with the ns200 i can very quickly change between my fac rapid, rimmie and sub 12ft lb ultra.

Just to add the only real downside imo is the brightness of the screen which could be dimmed using a gel filter (although in use this didnt seem to bother the rabbits).

Just my view on the ns200 lads hope it helps out anyone who is considering this excellent piece of kit.

Hiya Stealthy.

ATB.

Bill.

hi bill

stop talking about it! and get out and use it :laugh::tongue2:

looking forward to the review,see if you can video some footage?

if you haven't got any rats to shoot down there with it,you can come up to me and shoot some :thumbs:

good luck with it bill

Davy

Hi Davey.

Stop bloody nagging me :laugh: your like a nun's knickers........always on!! :D

Got plenty of rats mate, if you get short Ill send some up....if there are any left :tongue2:

Thats a very kind offer mate, thank you, may suppprise you one day :thumbs:

Note to self......Remember ear plugs !!

ATB.

Bill.